Hours of Uni per week (1 Viewer)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
just stay at home save the hours travelling and getting ready for uni, instead just do all your readings and tut questions at home.

studies have shown people who study by themselves at home do MUCH better than those who attend uni.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'm doing Comm/Eco combined and I have twelve, seven of which are on Wednesday, the others being on Thursday or Friday.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I forgot to mention that it's not at UWS. I'm doing mine at UNSW.
I didn't actually read the post to start with. I just wanted to have my say.

Lara1986

HSC
just stay at home save the hours travelling and getting ready for uni, instead just do all your readings and tut questions at home.

studies have shown people who study by themselves at home do MUCH better than those who attend uni.
That is true in some cases but not true in others...

Apart from that though - a lot of UWS courses have compulsory attendance - if you don't turn up, you fail. So don't just decide not to turn up without checking the unit details first guys :)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
pracs and shit u have to turn up...

but think about it... u wake up u travel to uni, do 3 hours of lectures a day, lunch and travel home. thats a full day. but in those 8 hours what have u really learnt? at the end of most lectures most people are like wtf just happened there. then u get home and dont do shit coz your so tired from all the travelling and just wanna relax.

if one was to sit down and do 6 hours on study on their own, u could learn alot. nothing beats sitting down reading the textbook answering questions, getting them wrong, and then getting better along the way.

shit i know some people would be going good if they did 6 hours of study at all for the whole semester per subject

h3da

HSC
pracs and shit u have to turn up...

but think about it... u wake up u travel to uni, do 3 hours of lectures a day, lunch and travel home. thats a full day. but in those 8 hours what have u really learnt? at the end of most lectures most people are like wtf just happened there. then u get home and dont do shit coz your so tired from all the travelling and just wanna relax.

if one was to sit down and do 6 hours on study on their own, u could learn alot. nothing beats sitting down reading the textbook answering questions, getting them wrong, and then getting better along the way.

shit i know some people would be going good if they did 6 hours of study at all for the whole semester per subject
I think they are refering to Business Academic Skills practical.
"Optional drop-in computer support session". Don't sure what its all about but we'll have to see on first lecture.

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
After fifteen minutes of a lecture I am officially not paying attention and I can guarantee 90% of the room is right there with me. Very glad I only have two this semester.

ArRemient

HSC
I only have 8.5 hours per week...

I do bachelor of arts, key program of humanities, majoring in english text. 3 Core units with a lecture and tutorial make up 6 hours all up, then my elective, learning and creativity has a 1 hour lecture and a 1 hour and a half tutorial.

I guess they expect a lot of study done at home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)