hours for studying? (1 Viewer)

Nezz

HSC
I was planning about 12 too... not sure how long it will last though!!!
I was plannin 7am-9pm in 3hr sessions with a 1/2hr break in between. but as i said- i dont know how long that will last!

salpal

i would like opinions on this. just say (and this isnt such a hypothetical question) that throughout the year you really havent done alot of study. in fact, you've done nothing. is it possible that you can do well in your hsc if you try really really really hard in the holidays and study as hard as u possibly can? or do some people think that whats done is done??

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am currently trying to do about eight hours of study per day but I keep getting distracted (especially by the Internet) and I end up only getting about four hours done:(.

krissy7685

ive only managed to get a good hour done..
im going to start going to the library this week..
i am getting WAAYY toooo distracted.. so me and the girls.. state libraRY we go..

AND the state library is at town hall..
just behind it..

is everyone STRESSED?

pri

HSC
N/A
i plan to cram like I have never crammed before and hope it pays off

even if it doesnt uni is a lotta work, might as well get used to it

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by salpal
i would like opinions on this. just say (and this isnt such a hypothetical question) that throughout the year you really havent done alot of study. in fact, you've done nothing. is it possible that you can do well in your hsc if you try really really really hard in the holidays and study as hard as u possibly can? or do some people think that whats done is done??
one of my friends borthers and his group did NO work in yr 12, bludged every lesson, all that. then in the last 8 weeks or so did like 8 hrs of study a day and still got 80+ UAI's. although we dont have 8 weeks left, any study you do will be beneficial. it all depends on how much you want it.

krissy7685

ur assessment mark is a good indication of ur HSC mark ( i did the hsc last year,,., doing pathways)

but apparently u can up ur assessment mark by about 10 marks if u really really work at it.. and they always lean more towards the higher mark whether it be ur hsc mark or ur assessment mark.. well from whatv i saw of my marks and several of my friends marks

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think the amount of study needed to get a certain mark varies from person to person. Some people learn more by cramming, others, like myself, need a few weeks worth of study in order to learn anything - and I have to space it out; I can't study like 10 hours a day..I'd say 4-5 is more realistic for me

swordfish

state library? what the hell is that? us rurals have the crappy local library....no study space there, just little kids reading harry potter

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
during the holidays and stuvac, this is what i plan will be a rough timetable...although i prob wont stick to it and come on the net all day ;)
get up 7-8
watch a bit of telly/shower/breaky etc
9-12 study
12-2 lunch/tv/net
2-6 study
6-6.30 dinner
6.30-8.30 study
8.30-whenever t.v.

so, if i stick to it, i'll be studying for around 10 hrs a day...but i also need to learn 2 yrs worth of work ;)
that's pretty good, coz u have heaps of breaks, go tobed early, so u get enough sleep, and still manage to fit in 10 hrs

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i'm thinking about 6 hours a day... i need time to get out (not every day) and do stuff like movies or coffee with friends or just hang with mates.... i don't want to be stuck in my house for 3 weeks

and i'm going on a study camp - we do 6 hours a day

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
lets say 1min every subject every day hmmm.. works out to be 30mins for each subject thats quite good :rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright,
During my HSC, I did the 9am-9pm thing at State Library - started about 3 weeks before English exam 1, and was there everyday until night before my last exam. Firstly, u obviously dont spend 12 goddamn hours a day studying, it's just that u are there for 12 hours, but u take regular breaks, ie half hour in the morning, an hour for lunch/walk/galaxy world, and another hour mayb in the late arvo. It worked pretty well because u'd get about 9 or 10 solid hours of studying done, and u dont feel tired or anything at all because u take regular breaks.

Even if u haven't been trying that hard all year, u can make so much difference by putting in extra effort now. Seriously, with my assessments/ranks, I was looking down the barrel of a UAI in the 80's, but I wanted to do Commerce/Eco's so badly that I forced myself to the library for that long, and I ended up with a UAI of 95.25. What's done isnt done yet

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
OMFG!
Do you live near the state library, or did you have to make a long ass journey like I have to all the time?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
shit, 4hrs a day during the holday's wont even cut it LoL, im screwed

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I live in Chatswood, which is about a 20 min train trip from the State Library

Rahul

Dead Member
blacktown library here i come....

but it is true, some people work well in conditions with no distractions, for eg there is no access to bos at the library, except the internet comps, which you have to book in advance. :D

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
REMEMBER!!

is not quantity is the quality of time, eg. how you spend your time studying there are people who study 30mins more effectively than someone studying 2hrs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)