Hours a week... (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Even though I'm only doing 11 hours, I still have to go to uni 4 days a week! I thought I had it lucky cos I had Fridays off!
but those 4 days r gonna b like 2 hours of lectures, then 6 hours of mucking around. :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, but ash, its not as if 'going to uni' is a huge hassle for you...you are living on campus!!
you'll stumble out of bed, and be there

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
yeah, but ash, its not as if 'going to uni' is a huge hassle for you...you are living on campus!!
you'll stumble out of bed, and be there
LoL, true that- u don't have to catch the damn train- also they are expecting to have more cancellations of trains bcoz of train driver shortages, so its even worse for us train commuters. :eek:

TheKey

HSC
how does this work exacly, i think i read that you must do 18+hours a week to be a full time student, so all of you <18 must be part time?

im gonna be doing 25h a week and will have to go 5 days. (B elec eng/science(comp science) @ UNSW)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
how does this work exacly, i think i read that you must do 18+hours a week to be a full time student, so all of you <18 must be part time?

im gonna be doing 25h a week and will have to go 5 days. (B elec eng/science(comp science) @ UNSW)

No, Im not part time and Im doing 14 hours. 25 seems a ridiculous amount.

Generator

HSC
N/A
TheKey: Perhaps you mixed up the credit points and hours required for full-time status?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm doing B Sci at UTS.

For my (normal) 24 credit point semester in Science, I have 21 contact hours per week. This is Tutorials, Lectures, and Labs.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i had 27 hours a week last year and this year will be much the same. Plus 15ish hours a week travel time (almost 3 hours a day in car, on train and walking) which will grow even more now coz of this stupid train problem, plus i work around 10 hours a week, which is less than i'd like to but all that i have time for. So that adds up to a 53 hour week, only 10 hours of which i get paid for!!
And that doesnt even take into account the amount of time needed for study, assignments, library research etc.

During the hols i work 5 days a week, 8-4 every day, i have mon and wed off, unless i am doing extra casual work for my sis's company.

Where is my 2 weeks annual leave? this arrangement sux!!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i had 27 hours a week last year and this year will be much the same. Plus 15ish hours a week travel time (almost 3 hours a day in car, on train and walking) which will grow even more now coz of this stupid train problem, plus i work around 10 hours a week, which is less than i'd like to but all that i have time for. So that adds up to a 53 hour week, only 10 hours of which i get paid for!!
And that doesnt even take into account the amount of time needed for study, assignments, library research etc.

During the hols i work 5 days a week, 8-4 every day, i have mon and wed off, unless i am doing extra casual work for my sis's company.

Where is my 2 weeks annual leave? this arrangement sux!!!
so how do u find time to b on these forums? :p

TheKey

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
TheKey: Perhaps you mixed up the credit points and hours required for full-time status?
yep i think your right it was probably the UOC or something.

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
ahhh I have around 22.5 hours, for my degree
(B Engineering, Mechatronics & Robotics UWS)

haz_it_all

i got 13 :) get this.....my brother had 42 hours a week!!!! he used to stay from 9am-11pm on some weekdays.......AND it was a 4year course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)