Horror Books (1 Viewer)

rude

hi friends!

do you recommend any horror books? (no Stephen King please)

Thanks in advance

crazylilmonkee

HSC
goosebumps
it scared me as a kid.. hahahah

the babysitter was shit scary when i read that in primary

crazylilmonkee

HSC
hahahah
im so scared of serial killer, ghost sorta horror books.. cant stand them!!!

Juliet

HSC
ohhhh the Fear Street series!!!! hehehe they were sooo good, could not put the book down! I finished them sooo fast. I named my Yr 12 composition after them...hehehe :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Fear Street! I remember those, they used to scare me.

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but the Vampire Chronicles come under this genre.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
gawshh.. u ask for horror books and no stephen king?? 0.o

u could try edgar allen poe. sometimes it's a bit heavy, and it doesn't really do the bestseller-thriller king-type stuff, but some of it's really good.
(get a load of short stories cuz if u get fed up with one, then at least u can go on to something else lol...)

Katgurl

Victor Kelher did an adaptation of Dracula (Bram Stoker) ... good book, worth reading, it is not usually found in the kids section
I loved fear street, good books, a fast reader can get through one in about an hour

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Katgurl
Victor Kelher did an adaptation of Dracula (Bram Stoker) ... good book, worth reading, it is not usually found in the kids section.
Into The Dark? (Or something similar). We had to read that in Year 10, and it was decent, not great, but definately readable.

Unfortunately, I haven't read enough horror to be able to recommend specific texts. You could always try something classic like Frankenstein though..

rolz

Hey books i remember reading in years 6 & 7 were by a guy called Christopher Pike They come under the horror genre and are in between gosebumps scary and King Scary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)