Honours Degrees (1 Viewer)

jonojet

Significant Other
HSC
  1. Who's doing them
  2. Why are you doing it
  3. What subject are you Honouriing in
  4. Have you thought about what you might research?
  5. Is there any information on whether people with (Hons) get better jobs?

I'm personally looking at doing an Honours degree in Political Sciences, cause I think that I might be interested in research, I might like to study/work overseas, I enjoy uni so I wanna stay for another year, and frankly I worry that a 3-yr Bachelor degree doesn't have the edge that an Honours degree has. Thoughts?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont think many bosers would be current honours students, but maybe im wrong

at the moment im thinking about it as a means to do phd studies for biochem

still its a few yrs off :) thank god...if i even end up doing that

X

xeuyrawp

jonojet said:
  1. Who's doing them
  2. Why are you doing it
  3. What subject are you Honouriing in
  4. Have you thought about what you might research?
  5. Is there any information on whether people with (Hons) get better jobs?
I'm personally looking at doing an Honours degree in Political Sciences, cause I think that I might be interested in research, I might like to study/work overseas, I enjoy uni so I wanna stay for another year, and frankly I worry that a 3-yr Bachelor degree doesn't have the edge that an Honours degree has. Thoughts?
1. I'm enrolled in an Honours degree, but am not yet in the honours section of the degree.
2. Because Honours allows you to expand what you've learnt and apply it to a practical situation. It's the best preparation for a PhD thesis and is a must if you want to go anywhere in the history world.
3. Egyptology and historiography - probably something about hermeneutic approaches to Ramesside texts.
4. (above)
5. Depends what you want to do, where you got your honours, how well you did, etc.

Probably best to tell us what you're looking at doing, so we can tell you what kind of affect honours has.

tennille

HSC
1. I'm interested
2. With science subjects, a lot of the time honours can be minimum requirement to get a job. It gives you more opportunities. I might be thinking about doing a phD, as well.
3. Originally chemistry, but now I'm trying to decided between that and biochemistry.
4. No
5. Refer to 2.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I should be doing honours in pure maths in 2008. As for the research topic, I have a few in mind, but it will depend on supervisors available etc. Check with me around then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)