HONOUR ROLL Out Early?? (2 Viewers)

Luke322

HSC
7 1st in the states for maths advanced.. not suprising I guess considering how many people get 100 in the external exam.

ahmed.f

HSC
I find it hard to believe NESA would completely make the entire list and have it ready to publish but with external marks only... Even so, it has been confirmed that this was a "2021 HSC distinguished achievers list" which is overall mark.
I see

tbanne

HSC
this is mad relatable. I came out of english paper 2 knowing my modc was a solid 5/20, still got a b6. Gods were listening after all
Christ don’t get me started on English. Mod a threw me the hell off with the extract and screenshot of my movie. That essay ate up so much of my time. And Mod c was a mess cause I (no exaggeration) had less than 30 minutes to pull a story out of my ass. I’m surprised they could even read my reflection with the way I raced through it. The exam superviser (bless his soul) was so freaking concerned with how my hands turned red in the last 5 mins.
Anyways I guesstimated a solid mid tier band 5 since my internals were good but there is a god out there apparently 😂

Jojofelyx

HSC
Maybe this list is just the external mark no?
Dude you just asked this very question last night.

No. The answer is no. The honour list has never been made up of 'just external marks' that makes no sense. The literal purpose of the honour list is to show which students received a band 6 as their final HSC mark.

If you don't already know, the HSC mark = (Internal moderated mark + Assessment mark) / 2

It makes no sense for NESA to randomly start putting up external marks as being band 6 and classifying students into the honours list. Band 6's aren't distributed like that lmao.

The only way that your suggestion might be correct is if NESA massively fucked up somehow and just forgot how they've been giving out band 6's in the decades that it has heppened lol. The chance that you are right in this case is less than 0.1%, i wouldn't be holding onto that level of hope because its probably going to end up being even more disappointing tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't done as well as you had hoped, its sure a kick in the nuts, but you just gotta take it on the chin.

Jojofelyx

HSC
i think the thing might be that they hadnt finished adding all the b6s for all the subjects, so dont lose hope if you havent gotten a b6 yet
For K's and L's and a few of the last few letters of the alphabet they sure haven't. As for most of the other surnames, it looks pretty done to me.

ahmed.f

HSC
Dude you just asked this very question last night.

No. The answer is no. The honour list has never been made up of 'just external marks' that makes no sense. The literal purpose of the honour list is to show which students received a band 6 as their final HSC mark.

If you don't already know, the HSC mark = (Internal moderated mark + Assessment mark) / 2

It makes no sense for NESA to randomly start putting up external marks as being band 6 and classifying students into the honours list. Band 6's aren't distributed like that lmao.

The only way that your suggestion might be correct is if NESA massively fucked up somehow and just forgot how they've been giving out band 6's in the decades that it has heppened lol. The chance that you are right in this case is less than 0.1%, i wouldn't be holding onto that level of hope because its probably going to end up being even more disappointing tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't done as well as you had hoped, its sure a kick in the nuts, but you just gotta take it on the chin.
I guess we will have to wait and see until tomorrow

Perhaps they were just the external marks

Jojofelyx

HSC
Sir I don't know if you're a troll or just extremely nervous but it is not only external marks
Lets just, let him have this one, guess he'll find out the harsh way (although i kinda hope not cuz the dude seems proper stressed about it, i'm praying they exclusively forgot to put his name down for all his b6's)

After all, it could even be based off raw marks as suggested on the hsc discussion group right !?!?! Hundreds upon hundreds of people getting above raw 90s seems appropriate.

Luke322

HSC
Lets just, let him have this one, guess he'll find out the harsh way (although i kinda hope not cuz the dude seems proper stressed about it, i'm praying they exclusively forgot to put his name down for all his b6's)

After all, it could even be based off raw marks as suggested on the hsc discussion group right !?!?! Hundreds upon hundreds of people getting above raw 90s seems appropriate.
That wouldn't make any sense either; a raw 90 in a mediocre scaling subject should scale to like a 94. THere's no way so many people got that kind of score in each subject.

ahmed.f

HSC
I don't believe it is raw 90s

I believe it could be aligned 90s

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
7 1st in the states for maths advanced.. not suprising I guess considering how many people get 100 in the external exam.
I wonder if anyone at JRAHS sat the Adv Maths exam. The only subject a student has achieved first in state is agriculture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)