• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Tribute2Trivan

HSC
N/A
I question all relgions!!!!!! When will people learn that its just an influence of power. I dont care if you beleive in God, Ra, Buddha or however but i no for fucking certain that they wouldn't want kids to be raped by Preists, or wars to be started on an account of different beleifs. The world would be a better place without religion. People dont see the big picture they are always at war with each other. Sure religion brings the minority close together, but at WHAT COST?????

I think at the basis of all religions there was a beatiful common interest. Which was lost by man kind.

and this is where i come back to homos... So lets go back to the facts....they dont hurt anyone...they dont do anything that isn't natural.....they have true honest emotions for eachother.....so tell me why then religion beleives that this is a sin???????

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm a Christian. Yeah.
So that means that I think that homosexuality is a sin. (I also don't believe they were born that way)
Does NOT mean that I hate them.
We've gotta love and respect everyone.
It annoys me when some Christians totally hate on the gays and make the rest of us seem like idiots.
and this is where i come back to homos... So lets go back to the facts....they dont hurt anyone...they dont do anything that isn't natural.....they have true honest emotions for eachother.....so tell me why then religion beleives that this is a sin???????

Last edited:
J

Jigabeth

I do believe in science. I believe it helps us learn more about God. I'm doing chem and bio.

I also have quitea few friends who are gay, and they are awesome people.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I do believe in science. I believe it helps us learn more about God. I'm doing chem and bio.

I also have quitea few friends who are gay, and they are awesome people.
You just don't believe in the science that determined that homosexuality is a genetic trait (even though we don't yet know the genes involved)?

derekch

HSC
Allow me to ask a simple question: do gay christians go to heaven?

According to other Christian denominations (such as hillsongs etc which i'm not sure what category they fall in), every sin is the same. they are still sin, theres no sin greater than the other. as long as the sinner receives the lord and is baptized, he/she will be guaranteed salvation.
Would that mean gay Christians will be guaranteed salvation?

But I heard from a catholic that, there are more serious sins and homosexuality is one of it. Even if the person believes and loves the lord, but is in a relationship with a same sex partner, he/she will not receive salvation.

Im confused, the various denominations say different things in regards to sin.
It's pretty f***** up if a gay christian who loves God very much and is in a loving relationship with the same partner who loves god as well can't enter heaven simply because of their "unnatural and vile affections".
Then again, conservative catholics believe that other christian denominations will be put into pugatory after death. I'm open to corrections so please correct me if I'm wrong.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Why is it every person who is anti gay always has to mention his/her so called gay friends.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC

According to other Christian denominations (such as hillsongs etc which i'm not sure what category they fall in), every sin is the same. they are still sin, theres no sin greater than the other. as long as the sinner receives the lord and is baptized, he/she will be guaranteed salvation.

But I heard from a catholic that, there are more serious sins and homosexuality is one of it. Even if the person believes and loves the lord, but is in a relationship with a same sex partner, he/she will not receive salvation.

It's pretty f***** up if a gay christian who loves God very much and is in a loving relationship with the same partner who loves god as well can't enter heaven simply because of their "unnatural and vile affections".
Then again, conservative catholics believe that other christian denominations will be put into pugatory after death. I'm open to corrections so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Guarantee, my foot.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
How can any clergy or doctrine give guarantee salvation on the basis of faith? Hitler was a christian, does that mean he is in heaven right now?

This confusion along with others was inevitable anyway with the puzzled way in which early Christians started their religion.

derekch

HSC
How can any clergy or doctrine give guarantee salvation on the basis of faith? Hitler was a christian, does that mean he is in heaven right now?

This confusion along with others was inevitable anyway with the puzzled way in which early Christians started their religion.
Oh, but there are preachings that say that salvation is given, and faith alone guarantees that. Some church preaches that its impossible for man not to sin but its because god's grace (i.e. jesus dying on the cross) that they receive salvation by faith alone (John 3:16). I've heard that message so many times from christians and preachers.

Of course, they also believe in repentance, but primarily anybody who has faith in god (even if they continue to sin and no longer attend church but does not reject god) will have salvation.

The issue on Hitler is still inconclusive. Nonetheless, he grew up a Christian but some claimed he rejected Christianity afterward.

Haha, yes the confusion is indeed inevitable. It very much prevails today. Many Christians have decided to ignore doctrine and theological confusion and focus on the ministries. While their efforts to serve the poor and needy are commendable, they shouldn't make a big deal out of an issue which they aren't even sure of. Even scholars cannot decide conclusively what the bible says about homosexuality, its still pretty much an ongoing debate.

You'll be surprised how naive some Christians are in regards to homosexuality (especially those from countries where gays and lesbians are ''hidden'' from their society). I've heard that a mega church in singapore have decided to open their doors to gays, lesbians, bi trans after listening to a preacher from the US. Well, time will only tell if they are going to form a ex-gay ministry which I believe they would attempt to do so.

Lentern

HSC
Oh, but there are preachings that say that salvation is given, and faith alone guarantees that. Some church preaches that its impossible for man not to sin but its because god's grace (i.e. jesus dying on the cross) that they receive salvation by faith alone (John 3:16). I've heard that message so many times from christians and preachers.

Of course, they also believe in repentance, but primarily anybody who has faith in god (even if they continue to sin and no longer attend church but does not reject god) will have salvation.

The issue on Hitler is still inconclusive. Nonetheless, he grew up a Christian but some claimed he rejected Christianity afterward.

Haha, yes the confusion is indeed inevitable. It very much prevails today. Many Christians have decided to ignore doctrine and theological confusion and focus on the ministries. While their efforts to serve the poor and needy are commendable, they shouldn't make a big deal out of an issue which they aren't even sure of. Even scholars cannot decide conclusively what the bible says about homosexuality, its still pretty much an ongoing debate.

You'll be surprised how naive some Christians are in regards to homosexuality (especially those from countries where gays and lesbians are ''hidden'' from their society). I've heard that a mega church in singapore have decided to open their doors to gays, lesbians, bi trans after listening to a preacher from the US. Well, time will only tell if they are going to form a ex-gay ministry which I believe they would attempt to do so.
Christians who believe such things are called Lutherans. We don't talk about them.

Lentern

HSC
do you not talk about them cos their teachings fo salvation are different to the ones of the catholic church, like most protestants?
We don't talk about them because they are our rivals and doing so would give them extra publicity for gods sake we don't begrudge them this place has incredible difficulty in recognising tongue in cheek comments.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

The only conversation worth having about religious dogma is how it should be ignored in legislation and what to do to ensure that happens.

Otherwise, there's nothing anyone should say to condemn anyone else as a sinner; that's for whichever higher being you believe in to decide and instructing anyone else as to their spiritual state is the height of arrogance. This is why the Church's statements are stupid, they're not Pardoners and wearing robes does not allow them be the one to throw stones. I'm not sure why anyone would honestly put any value in whether a priest, minister, rabbi or otherwise thinks they're evulz anymore than any other fucknut.

X

xeuyrawp

Pfft, most athiests couldn't count past ten with their shoes on. Annoying? yes, rivals? no. Agnostics are a bit more of a problem, they're generally clever.
hahah what a witty and scathing remark!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Pfft, most athiests couldn't count past ten with their shoes on. Annoying? yes, rivals? no. Agnostics are a bit more of a problem, they're generally clever.
Read this as
- Atheists are far too smart for me to try and convert, because they don't believe in the existence of any God and can see through the fallacies of the Bible
- Agnostics are more willing to listen to my idiot dribble because they are undecided.

pman

Banned
HSC
Has anyone noticed that most protestants, not just Lutherans believe that all we need is faith and we shall be forgiven, why do we believe this, cos its written in the bible! OK, well not in so many words but it never says anything at all about giving the church money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)