Homosexuality in Australia (14 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
Everywhere I post, you are there almost straight away. Some sort of obsession you have with me?

Anyway, there is no need to respond to your post. My perception of you as being somewhat of an intelligent person just evaporated.
Yes, that's clearly it. I want to feel you inside me robbie, there's no use fighting it anymore.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
robbie1 said:
Anyway, there is no need to respond to your post. My perception of you as being somewhat of an intelligent person just evaporated.
An intelligent person like you, who states that everything adam and eve were not is immoral. So black people are immoral. God will smite them. The perception eveporated when you realised they were backing up arguments with reason.

hscamper

HSC
I would consider homophobia to be the social disorder. No one is born to hate or prejudge someone on any basis sexual orientation included, however there is considerable evidence that homosexuality is genetically an innate characteristic and not just in a percentage of humans.

Adam and Eve? What did Homer say they're my favourite fictional characters :) .

dora_18

HSC
Exactly,this is why through sociological criticism we can attempt to define why some people perceive various things in the way they do. Through sociological influences we inevitably establish the roles that are perceived as "normal",and in current social life there is a whole spectrum on different gender variations thus a varation in what certain people establish is right/wrong, good/bad, accepted/unaccepted, etc etc.

It is only natural for someone to follow the criticisms and practices of those around them, if you are raised in a social structure where there is a willingness to respect other people for who they are, and there is a distinct lack of homophobic practices the chances are that you will take that knowledge and not challenge it because it's the only way that you know things to exist ie-someone who is raised in a homophobic atmosphere is extremely likely to be homophobic later on in life.

The opinion that you currently possess and type to respond to any message on here is becuase you beleive that the way you perceive things is the correct way, it doesn't necessarily mean that what you beleive is remotely resonable, it may not even possess justice! Someone may think that homosexuality is a disease or that all homosexuals shouldn't have families...you may think that homosexuals should be elliminated from society....you think that way because someone has taught you to think that way....it doesn't make you a bad person it just means that you now have to be educated to perceive things in the appropriate, commonsensical, rational and realistic way.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ah.
so, that's how you define a rational human being.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
bshoc said:
Fallacy, I grew up in a household where both parents were generally supportive of these sorts of thing (call it liberal, art fart .. whatever). And I still managed to grow up into a rational human being - that dislikes gays and their very presence in society - obviously not becuase of any whacked out christian morals, but my point still stands.
How is it rational to hate someone based on their sexual preference? Disliking faggy gays perhaps (e.g. those that dress up as women and/or just act like over the top drama queens), but not homosexuals in general.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
Fallacy, I grew up in a household where both parents were generally supportive of these sorts of thing (call it liberal, art fart .. whatever). And I still managed to grow up into a rational human being - that dislikes gays and their very presence in society - obviously not becuase of any whacked out christian morals, but my point still stands.
It isn't necessary fallacious. You're sample size is not big enough to disprove what he stated when he did not use the definite article, while the burden of proof should lie on him, you cannot disprove it with yourself when he said chances are.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Because societies' influence on young minds begins and ends with their parents.

IceOnFire

HSC
i don't really care if whether someone is homosexual or not, if they are then fine, if that's what makes them happy. I have never actually met anyone who is gay tho, but i do have suspicions this guy in my class is gay.. hmmmm.. *thinking*

dora_18

HSC
Liberal Scum said:
How is it rational to hate someone based on their sexual preference? Disliking faggy gays perhaps (e.g. those that dress up as women and/or just act like over the top drama queens), but not homosexuals in general.
Why would you discriminate against "faggy gays" as appose to "ordinary" homosexuals? If thats the way they want to express themselves thats fine, they're just clothes!...i don't go to rallies with banners saying "KILL THE SURFIES" because some guys choose to wear their pants past their knees with cheap boxers hanging out- a look that i detest.

Not-That-Bright said:
Because societies' influence on young minds begins and ends with their parents.
exactly, i mean a lot of influence on those sorts of things comes out of a household but at the same time you have other influences impacting on you as well.

I have a homophobic stepfather who is extremely conservative and has been pressing his religious beliefs on me for the last 10 years with absolutely no success. However through that, i have been able to further develop my perception of things and how to love people for who they are as appose to whether they are gay, bi, thai whatever.

General cultural sensitivity doesn't happen naturally and as i thought about it i realised it was through my friends:the people who are willing to do anything for you-that i established these values and treating people equally without prejudice...yes some of them are gay but if anything the ones that are possess an even greater willingness to accept people for who they are as they know how its like to be discriminated against themselves.

Generator

HSC
N/A
dora_18 said:
Why would you discriminate against "faggy gays" as appose to "ordinary" homosexuals? If thats the way they want to express themselves thats fine, they're just clothes!...i don't go to rallies with banners saying "KILL THE SURFIES" because some guys choose to wear their pants past their knees with cheap boxers hanging out- a look that i detest.
He said dislike, not hate, and he was only raising it as a possibility, a possibility that is much like your position regarding some surfies.

dora_18

HSC
Generator do you have a personal vandetta against me? Why do you feel the need to correct every single one of my posts..i dont need you out of all people telling me how to interpret other peoples posts. kthnx. if he has an issue on how ive replied to his post...he can say so.

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
dora_18 said:
Why would you discriminate against "faggy gays" as appose to "ordinary" homosexuals? If thats the way they want to express themselves thats fine, they're just clothes!
whats wrong with not liking camp gays? its the personality i dont like, not the sexual preference. just like i dont like really loud annoying girls or whatever.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, I'm the moderator of this subforum so it stands to reason that I'll respond if I think that someone has misinterpreted a particular comment, especially when the member is either unlikely or unwilling to critique the misinterpretation themselves (withoutaface/Liberal Scum will not be back on BOS for a few days).

dora_18

HSC
sure respond your life away, but im not minsinterpreting, and im willing to bet that the way i interpreted the persons quote was the correct way, and it's not the kind of thing that is going to turn into a riot, if he thinks i interpreted it wrong he'll say so and ill say "my bad"

HSC
dora_18 said:
When did I ever say I wanted them dead? I just have a distaste for them and would in general avoid associating with any man who wore a skirt and said "oh myyyy gosshhhhh" at every opportunity, regardless of their orientation, in much the same way as I'd imagine you don't talk to surfies much.

dora_18

HSC
lol...well even though im theoretically not replying to the same person :p i was being melodramatic over the "kill surfies" thing...it wasn't meant literally.

MY BAD.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Just a thought that ive had recently...

Everybody knows people they get along with well, and vise versa we all know of some people we just hate to be around. Add into that the possibility that certain people you just dont "click" with, may be homosexual then where does that leave a person faced with that situation in the eyes of all of those who are quick to cast the "homophobe/bigot" wand over anybody that dislikes homosexuals, be they man or woman?

For example, I know a guy that goes to my uni, lives near me, knows a couple of my friends (girls) and I have bumped into him a fair bit recently. He is a pretty cool guy, apretty flamboyant, but nonetheless a human being just like me. I can get along with him though. On the other hand, there are other guys/girls out there, that I cant stand to be around, some I just dont like/understand their personalities, and im sure you can all relate in some way or another.

My point is. It seems to me IMO that there is a fine line between it being acceptable that you dont like somebody, and you being labelled a homophobic bigot (just because it happens to be that some of the people with personalities that clash with yours, are infact homosexuals).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)