• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
In my previous point I just made the point that discrimination works both ways. Lol, you're even denying that religious people are discriminated by our society. Are you that submissive to the gay agenda?
How are religious people discriminated against? No, really. I'm curious.

It's much more so that atheists are discriminated against, but hey, I'm interested to see how a majority opinion could be so browbeaten into submission that they'd call it discrimination.

Also, lol, gay agenda? You sound like a crazy fundie conspiracy theorist. GAYS DID 911

Name_Taken

HSC
Other people have the right and they don't, for an arbitrary reason.

Hey, it's just as valid as your argument "I don't like it, therefore they can't have it!"
Alas if you lived for something, you might be able to empathise with where we're comming from.

Marriage means so much less to you.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hey guys, im gunna catch a few zeez k? It's been fun refuting your points and being ignored like deers in headlights:rolleseyes:
WORD

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Alas if you lived for something, you might be able to empathise with where we're comming from.

Marriage means so much less to you.
Does it? For me, marriage is the ultimate statement of love and commitment between two people. It is the declaration that you wish to share your life with one person, and no other, for the rest of your life.

I guess the only difference is that I don't need a god to make that valid.

Name_Taken

HSC
How are religious people discriminated against? No, really. I'm curious.
Now, I can understand if you think this guy was wrong in the first place by demonstrating with the sign (but bear in mind he was being entirely peaceful). It is a persons right to peaceful protest, whether you agree with the opinion being expressed or not.

Tell me this doesn't make you sick to your stomach.

Religious Liberty Cases | Harry Hammond

Like its pathetic, really. I would never think of doing something as heinous as this to someone at a mardi gras parade, and if I did, could you picture the uproar?

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Now, I can understand if you think this guy was wrong in the first place by demonstrating with the sign (but bear in mind he was being entirely peaceful). It is a persons right to peaceful protest, whether you agree with the opinion being expressed or not.

Tell me this doesn't make you sick to your stomach.

Religious Liberty Cases | Harry Hammond
Yeah, it does. The people who attacked him should be in jail.

But that's all you can find on religious discrimination? That's it? That's the sum total of your evidence?

Name_Taken

HSC
Yeah, it does. The people who attacked him should be in jail.

But that's all you can find on religious discrimination? That's it? That's the sum total of your evidence?
Not at all, thats just one case (which I personally find most deplorable).

There are like countless others, obviously - as I am sure you can find countless cases regarding descrimination against gay people, being unfairly denied jobs or w/e and even physical violence cases being assualted etc.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Not at all, thats just one case (which I personally find most deplorable).

There are like countless others, obviously - as I am sure you can find countless cases regarding descrimination against gay people, being unfairly denied jobs or w/e and even physical violence cases being assualted etc.
Not to mention the ones who have been murdered.

Name_Taken

HSC
Not to mention the ones who have been murdered.
I hope you're not under the impression that I actually support or are at least indifferent to Gay people getting murdered. Plenty of Christians are murdered for their beliefs as well, and people of other "groups" in society, the Indian students for example.

Its horrible that things like this happen in society and I deplore such acts as much as I am assuming you do.

We all have our differences. My religion teaches me that some things are wrong, and I make a point of making others aware of the mistakes they may be making.

I'm not going to force them to stop making them, faith is their choice, and I respect their choice to do w/e it is they're doing (homosexuality for example) as long as it doesn't interfere with the practising of my beliefs.

Name_Taken

HSC
It's not even a right or wrong to be homosexual anyway. It's genetic. There's so much evidence.

It's like saying it's wrong to have autism. Autistic people can't help that they have autism.

And even if people may tend to disagree with homosexuality being genetic, it is at least developmental and not a choice between cake or icecream. You can't just force a homosexual to warp themselves into being the straightest person alive. And Bruno makes a large point :)
Lol make up your mind.

Every time you have sex, you are choosing to do so. Simply by consenting to have homoseuxal sex (or heterosexual sex for that matter) you are choosing to engage in the activity. Thus every time Mr X consents to having sex with another male, he is choosing to be homosexual, and everytime Mr X consents to having sex with a female, he is choosing to be heterosexual. People are defined by their actions.

Its not necesarily an individuals fault if they prefer ice-cream to cake. But when mummy says you can eat as much cake as you want, but you're not allowed to eat the ice-cream, it comes down to the individual to determine their own actions.

If they hate cake, they don't have to eat it. But just because they don't want to eat cake (and shouldn't be forced to) its not like they now have to eat something else, especially the ice-cream which mummy expressly said not to.

If you ignore mummy, that is your choice. If you end up choosing to eat the ice-cream anyway, that is also your choice. No-one made you eat it and you had to choice not to (without necessarily having to eat cake, if you detest it).

I'm not going to dob you into to mummy (she will know anyway), but don't get all tetchy with me for reminding you you're not meant to eat the ice-cream. If you're Hell-bent on doing it (pun not intended) then you're going to ignore my warning anyway.

Whats so wrong about asking people to take responsibility for their own actions?

And I havn't seen Bruno so I don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC
Holy fuck you're an arsehole.
Yeah totally, and all hate in our soceity stem from people like me, funny that, despite the evidence to the contrary in your post.

I know you don't believe in God, but you probably support others when they say they believe in things like the UN Declaration of Humans rights, which doesn't even mention adoption as a right (lolwut!) and describes marraige as a union between man and women and the means by which a family is created.

It is actually unclear whether the charter would condone same-sex marriage, but it makes a point of failing to bring it up specifically (whether in support or denial) and so this would leave Point 1 of Article 16 (marriage) rather open to interpretation at best. I mean, the very fact that it fails to squarly address the point (which is a pretty important fact since this is a document which is actually meant to indiscriminantly list all human rights) is enough to imply that it was not determined to be an actual right but w/e as I said, open to interpretation.

Regardless, I'll assume that you havn't even read it in the first place.

...But what it does say, in atricle 18 is:

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Are you that submissive to the gay agenda?

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
If you're implying that homosexuality is a belief and that one has a right to change it, fucking lolz.

Name_Taken

HSC
If you're implying that homosexuality is a belief and that one has a right to change it, fucking lolz.
Lol no, not by that. I wouldn't say homosexuality is a belief.

Sex is always a choice (aside from rape, but putting that aside...).

I maintain the position that homosexual sex is a choice (as is heterosexual sex) and that homosexuality therfore is a lifestyle choice, as is heterosexuality.

People are defined by their actions and need to take responsibility, rather than blame pseudo-science or a lack of religous faith, when they themselves have complete control over their actions.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I quite agree. The denial of God and this desparate propping up of 'science' to explain philosophy is essentially a denial of personal/moral responsibility for actions.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Christianity does promote equality. Must we forge the abolition of the Slave Trade, from which the Chrisitian proclamation of Amazing Grace stems from? That even had its roots in the Christianity.

SEX, SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR, between a man and a women, as long as they are in a marriiage is by all means allowed. This between homosexuals, we see, God sees as unfitting.
There are examples of slavery in the bible itself you boob. Maybe those christians who abolished slavery are progressive as opposed to conservative bum bums like you, iron and name_taken

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slavery is an essential part of the human condition. You are slaves to sin, to desires, to money, to peer pressure, your own ego. It will only be abolished in the next life. We're realistic.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I hope you're not under the impression that I actually support or are at least indifferent to Gay people getting murdered. Plenty of Christians are murdered for their beliefs as well, and people of other "groups" in society, the Indian students for example.

Its horrible that things like this happen in society and I deplore such acts as much as I am assuming you do.

We all have our differences. My religion teaches me that some things are wrong, and I make a point of making others aware of the mistakes they may be making.

I'm not going to force them to stop making them, faith is their choice, and I respect their choice to do w/e it is they're doing (homosexuality for example) as long as it doesn't interfere with the practising of my beliefs.
Oh I beg to differ there mate. You said that you completely agree with everything the bible says.

Name_Taken

HSC
Oh I beg to differ there mate. You said that you completely agree with everything the bible says.
Wait... so you want me to want to kill you?

"Let he who has lived without sinning cast the first stone" (not exact quote I don't think).

Lol if I really insisted on killing people for sin, then there wouldn't be a human left (including myself).

Punishment for sin is death, but not physical death as you know it, an eternity of death, as opposed to an eternity if life in Heaven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)