Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
ok i disagree with it, but i'm gonna go around hating every dam gay person. they are just people

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
5233andy said:
Based on Christian teaching, parents are encouraged to raise their children with the values that the Church upholds. When it comes to homosexuality and the issue of whether it's nature or nurture; if it's nurture, whose fault is it, really?

I don't support the homosexuality, nor do I condemn it. However, by considering these people as burdens on society, are our actions Christian-like? Can't we all simply put aside our differences and treat all with the dignity of a human being? Because that's what we all are, we're human beings. Should we drive the wedge between social groups deeper, we're essentially destroying the whole of humanity.

Is it nature or nurture? Oh, I don't know... the more we attempt to answer this question and beget homosexuality, we're digging holes for ourselves. In many respects, it's a cosmic question, perhaps worthy of being ejected into the void.

ANyways, homosexuality is somewhat 'strange', something that I can't comprehend. But it often appears as though there's a growing trend of this 'lifestyle', if you will, or in lack of a better term. It just defies human conscience... I guess... :S

Nevertheless, why am I even caring about this?
exactly, why are you?

that was the biggest load of shit ive read in a long time

X

xeuyrawp

melanieeeee. said:
we dont soley rely on the bible.
I was referring to Christians generally, not that dogmatic Catholic bullshit where any Pope or looney can have a dream and suddenly add things to the religion.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
It's all looney. Nothing loonier about saying the Pope can have a dream and be touched by the divinity of Christ now than saying 2000 years ago X was touched in a similar way by God to write Y.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Liar, the bible teaches us to hate loads of cunts and wage holy wars in the name of god and jesus. It especially says hate gays and

Deuteronomy 20:16-17,
“However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you.”

Thats a lot of people that god wants dead. Also a list of people god says to kill follows:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB) (that specifically says kill fags, no way around it christians)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

I just realised that all that was only about 1/10th of the page so read the rest for yourselves fuckers http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

5233andy

HSC
Yeah, look, it has come to the point where it's no longer the church's values that should reign society. Rather, we, as a whole should have the conscience and dignity to supress such issues, instead of allowing the church's dogmatic ways to reign the morals of society. All in all, we've become socially and morally inept. Like it or not, it's fact; though, we may not realise it.

X

xeuyrawp

Enteebee said:
Nothing loonier about saying the Pope can have a dream and be touched by the divinity of Christ now than saying 2000 years ago X was touched in a similar way by God to write Y.
I completely reject the Pauline Epistles as well, to be honest, so you're not going to hear an argument about me on all these morons who have dreams or whatever.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
5233andy said:
Sorry, what don't you understand? :confused:
ANyways, homosexuality is somewhat 'strange', something that I can't comprehend. But it often appears as though there's a growing trend of this 'lifestyle', if you will, or in lack of a better term. It just defies human conscience... I guess... :S
What is hard to comprehend about two members of the same sex showing love and admiration for each other. If it's easy to comprehend in an heterosexual sense, why is it hard to comprehend in a homosexual sense?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Nobel prize in medicine awarded the other day for research into aids virus or something. Apparently aids is caused by hiv. Says the research dudes.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
staticsiscool said:
Nobel prize in medicine awarded the other day for research into aids virus or something. Apparently aids is caused by hiv. Says the research dudes.
As long as gay people don't populate the country with Jack clones ...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I completely reject the Pauline Epistles as well, to be honest, so you're not going to hear an argument about me on all these morons who have dreams or whatever.
What are we left with once we remove the possibility of divine inspiration? Doesn't that somewhat invalidate some of the claims of Jesus?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
You expect me to believe Mohammed Ali Al-Bayati, Ph.D., DABT, DABVT (Toxicologist and Pathologist) over 2 dudes with 30+ years experience in the field and a new nobel prize to their names?

5233andy

HSC
katie tully said:
What is hard to comprehend about two members of the same sex showing love and admiration for each other. If it's easy to comprehend in an heterosexual sense, why is it hard to comprehend in a homosexual sense?
Well that's a valid 'reason', if you could call it that - more than it is a reason, perhaps it's fact. My understanding of the Christian Church is that the Bible promotes love. There's nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong. The issue is where the Church condemns homosexuality - it's supposedly a plague, burdening the world. As I've mentioned in my previous post, it very much is indeed time to perhaps break free of this cycle of hatred. I can understanding those who are 'devout' Christians, [I've emphasised 'devout' as often, an individual claims to be a devout Christian, however, their actions appear to be the antithesis of the morals and values that are taught through the religion] however, certain individuals cannot see the love between individuals, that is, homosexuals. Does evil promote love? I don't think it does, so, in this sense, is the 'issue' really evil? Well, we've certainly made it become evil - it's this great social divide, which inevitably causes us to be socially and morally inept - perhaps it's time for us, as a whole, use our conscience and intelligence for the better of society. After all, 'we are the most intelligence of organisms on this planet'... [Or so we say]

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
staticsiscool said:
You expect me to believe Mohammed Ali Al-Bayati, Ph.D., DABT, DABVT (Toxicologist and Pathologist) over 2 dudes with 30+ years experience in the field and a new nobel prize to their names?
He provides irrefutable proof !$%$!

5233andy

HSC
I'd strongly recommend individuals to listen to 2GB's radio reverend on Sunday evenings from 8pm. His views on homosexuality as well as a host of other issues that seem to plague society are somewhat interesting. He's the black sheep of the Catholic Church, if you will - in the positive sense.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Fuck off, he provides bullshit pseudo-science and you know it. The 2 french dudes provide ample science with proofs also + $1.4million to argue with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)