Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kwayera said:
No.. it isn't. In every way that matters and every way that doesn't, homosexuality is not what you would term unnatural. If it was, it wouldn't persist, in our species or in any others.

And if you're using 'unnatural' in place of abnormal, well, so is being naturally blonde. What's your point?
There is still plenty of time for it to stop persisting.

Homosexuality is more abnormal than being blonde.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't know, several million years wasn't long enough?

Again, you're not eluding as to why it's abnormal. I mean, I have provided plenty of evidence to the contrary, and all you've provided me with is "it's unnatural because I don't like it".

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kwayera said:
I don't know, several million years wasn't long enough?

Again, you're not eluding as to why it's abnormal. I mean, I have provided plenty of evidence to the contrary, and all you've provided me with is "it's unnatural because I don't like it".
Maybe not.

You have provided counter arguments that may or may not be correct.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kwayera said:
Like what?
That it is an advantage, that it is not a disadvantage, that homosexuality in humans can be explained by comparing it to homosexuality in other animals, that it is (and will continue to be) persistent etc.

You can't be 100% sure of any of those things.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That it is an advantage, that it is not a disadvantage, that homosexuality in humans can be explained by comparing it to homosexuality in other animals, that it is (and will continue to be) persistent etc.

You can't be 100% sure of any of those things.
You can't be 100% sure about anything, but that doesn't make it wrong.

- in other animals it is clearly an advantage, and demonstrably so
- given that behaviour of other animals has explained multitudes of human behaviour, and given that we are animals, it is appropriate to consider the behaviour congruent
- a gene will only become extinct if it confers a disadvantage as is thus negatively selected against. Given homosexual individuals can still reproduce (and do in many instances), and that an homosexual individual still has relatives that reproduce and thus pass on their genes, and given the Hardy-Weinberg Principle, there is no reason for the 'gay gene' to become extinct in the human population

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
...but not none.
But not everyone is going to be a homosexual. It is after all survival of the species, not survival of the individual which is the 'natural' purpose you're evoking.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kwayera said:
You can't be 100% sure about anything, but that doesn't make it wrong.

- in other animals it is clearly an advantage, and demonstrably so
- given that behaviour of other animals has explained multitudes of human behaviour, and given that we are animals, it is appropriate to consider the behaviour congruent
- a gene will only become extinct if it confers a disadvantage as is thus negatively selected against. Given homosexual individuals can still reproduce (and do in many instances), and that an homosexual individual still has relatives that reproduce and thus pass on their genes, and given the Hardy-Weinberg Principle, there is no reason for the 'gay gene' to become extinct in the human population
It doesn't automatically make it right either.

- That may or may not apply to humans.
- Appropriate to consider, but not definitely true.
- That does not entirely prove that it is not a disadvantage. What about the homosexuals that don't reproduce because they are homosexual...?

...and now I am not posting anymore because its after 1am and I have stuff to do.

james901

HSC
Kwayera said:
Incorrect.

How? Better than living in an orphanage.

Only because there are ignorant bigots like you still in society, bringing up their kids to hate anything that is different.

??? i'm talking about the child raised by gay parents how they would feel not kids taught to hate...and id prefer u didn't call me ignorant coz i don;t hate gay ppl i'm just not for it and i'm pretty sure i can be entitiled to my own opinion.

also the person who posted this thread "homosexuality in australia" this better be a research for school or something because clearly it seem to have nothing to do with studies and i see no use for it other than arguments between ppl which it the last thing ppl need who come here for help with their studies. go to youtube if u wonna have arguments

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
james901 said:
??? i'm talking about the child raised by gay parents how they would feel not kids taught to hate...and id prefer u didn't call me ignorant coz i don;t hate gay ppl i'm just not for it and i'm pretty sure i can be entitiled to my own opinion.
Reasonably certain that children only hate 'gayness' and ridicule children of gay parents because their own parents and society has shown them that it is okay to do such. If their parents and society at large stopped the (largely religiously-driven) bigotry, there would be no hatred, and kids raised by gay parents wouldn't feel any different from kids raised by hetero parents.

How do I know this? Because it was amply displayed when it stopped being a social crime to be black (or Jewish, or whatever).

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
katie tully said:
fucking facepalm at this thread
Yeah I know, I gave up with iamsickofyear12 given they've got their fingers in their ears and are hollering "lalala I can't hear you."

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:

I am a blonde gay female.

I get turned on by girls as much as you probably claim to, even though with the amount of garbage you're spewing on to this forum you might be a closet homosexual yourself.

Try saying this shit to the faces of every gay person you know, being a hardcore homophobe via your keyboard is really, really lame.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
supercalamari said:
...with the amount of garbage you're spewing on to this forum you might be a closet homosexual yourself.
I can assure you that is not the case.

supercalamari said:
Try saying this shit to the faces of every gay person you know, being a hardcore homophobe via your keyboard is really, really lame.
Funnily enough I don't know any gay people (that I am aware of)... but if I did and they asked me my opinion of homosexually I would be more than happy to tell them.

I am a very straight forward person and I don't give a shit about the feelings of people I don't know. If I type it I will say it in person.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
Kwayera said:
Ignorant idiots flt.

End of story.
oh god, that hurt.

and btw, there was no need for the idiot.

ignorant = idiot.

and please, no more insults. i couldn't possibly live my life with you abusing me. :(

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Funnily enough I don't know any gay people (that I am aware of)... but if I did and they asked me my opinion of homosexually I would be more than happy to tell them.
You don't know any gay people?

Sounds like a very boring, sheltered life. Either that or they're too scared to admit being gay because of how unkind you are.

Pacchiru said:
oh god, that hurt.

and btw, there was no need for the idiot.

ignorant = idiot.

and please, no more insults. i couldn't possibly live my life with you abusing me. :(
and insulting gay people is any better then being called ignorant?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)