• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

holiday? (1 Viewer)

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
hey,
i remember during orientation they told us about how we could take a few months off if we need it. something has happened, and it is imperitive that i go overseas for a while, around 2 months. i am wondering if anyone knows the way i can go about trying to get this break? i know i have to do the units again, but thats okay. i might be able to study overseas, i'm not sure.

get back to me as soon as you can??
Rach

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You will need to fill the form out called "leave of absense" you can fill it out at the student centre. I don't know who you will need to see to sign it, I'd be guessing your course co-ordintator or something. Anyway, you will be taking a semester off, not 2 months as well. But this will leave you will still 6 months to take off if you need it in the future. However, you may find that you have to take a year off cause subjects only run in autumn.

One final thing - fill the form in before 31st of March so you are not charged any HECS.

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
oh and how would i find out if they offer the subjects i'm doing in spring semester? and would they offer everything else consecutively? like, advertising intro in spring... then autumn next year, intro to journo? or would i prob just have to wait the year

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Try searching through the handbook online. It may be better to wait a year and then do all your first semester units, cause they might not all run in the autumn semester, and then it will be very complicated trying to figure out what subjects to do and when. Its easiest just to stick with your degree pattern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)