• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

holden or ford? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The 4 cylinder commodores were from the early 80s, I'm guessing since that's pre VL that they were sold alongside straight 6s and v8s too.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
probably the only Ford I actually like...

RS500 Cosworth... :headbang:

the Ford Focus RS is a cop out compared to the Sierra Cosworth (FWD bullshit, why did they not make it AWD) and Holden's attempt of a hot hatch styled car (the Astra Turbo) is absolute garbage...

as for the Commodores and Falcons... I'd rather pitch in a tiny bit more coinage and get a Benz or BMW or even an Audi... (If I had the coinage that is :haha: )

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

the Ford Focus RS is a cop out compared to the Sierra Cosworth (FWD bullshit, why did they not make it AWD) and Holden's attempt of a hot hatch styled car (the Astra Turbo) is absolute garbage...

as for the Commodores and Falcons... I'd rather pitch in a tiny bit more coinage and get a Benz or BMW or even an Audi... (If I had the coinage that is :haha: )
Hahaha. So true.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Not even a holden, it's a rebadged vauxhall vxr.

Although the majority of holden's now are just rebadged anyway. Think captiva and barina.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not even a holden, it's a rebadged vauxhall vxr.

Although the majority of holden's now are just rebadged anyway. Think captiva and barina.
Yer this. I've always thought it was something like this:

Designed in Germany. Acknowledged in Australia. Made in Asia.

I'm not sure about the Asia bit though, can someone confirm for me please?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
New 2014 mustang though. Gonna be rhd, coming to a road near you.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yer this. I've always thought it was something like this:

Designed in Germany. Acknowledged in Australia. Made in Asia.

I'm not sure about the Asia bit though, can someone confirm for me please?
Made in Germany under the Opel brand, rebadged as Vauxhall and Holden astra's. The astra was no longer sold under holden when Opel came into Australia however opel has since pulled out of australia.

The captiva's, barina's and the majority of the other cars are just rebadged Daewoo's. GM does this with a lot of it's brands globally.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
New 2014 mustang though. Gonna be rhd, coming to a road near you.

inb4ecoboost

The loss of the falcon does bring positives though, up to 5 new models will be introduced by Ford over the next 10 years.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Made in Germany under the Opel brand, rebadged as Vauxhall and Holden astra's. The astra was no longer sold under holden when Opel came into Australia however opel has since pulled out of australia.

The captiva's, barina's and the majority of the other cars are just rebadged Daewoo's. GM does this with a lot of it's brands globally.

I thought so, but all I really wanted to know is where the actual production lines are. So I'm guessing cause Daewoo is Korean, Holden is Korean.

Them North Korean V8 missiles :biglaugh: :rolleyes:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I thought so, but all I really wanted to know is where the actual production lines are. So I'm guessing cause Daewoo is Korean, Holden is Korean.

Them North Korean V8 missiles :biglaugh: :rolleyes:
South Korea brah

Production lines? Well obviously the ls motors are made in the usa and imported here for use in the commodore. The rest i'm unsure of.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
South Korea brah

Production lines? Well obviously the ls motors are made in the usa and imported here for use in the commodore. The rest i'm unsure of.
I think Mexico and Canada actually haha? (should have just said America =P)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I haven't heard anything about them being produced in Canada?
I think it might only be the LS7 and LS9 which are hand built (finished?) there. Probably the LSX block and any racing stuff too.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
South Korea brah

Yeah the sarcastic roll eyes was supposed to be pun intended. Of course its south.

Yeah we are a bit unsure.

We should get Holden to market this:

"The new Holden Captiva keeps up with the Australian spirit of multiculturalism, having a production line for every two grams of the car in every known country." :haha:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
"The new Holden Captiva keeps up with the Australian spirit of multiculturalism, having a production line for every two grams of the car in every known country." :haha:
Tbh these days there probably aren't many cars of note (or not) that aren't a global effort.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tbh these days there probably aren't many cars of note (or not) that aren't a global effort.
Yeah true. Every car needs specifications. But still, we know where other cars come from most of the time.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
This.

Gone are the days where cars are solely produced in their home country, it's not just holden. A lot of Honda's are actually built in Thailand, Mercedes in South Africa, BMW in America (Z4) etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)