holden or ford? (1 Viewer)

georgia_t-m

HSC
i just want to know which everyone prefers honestly im a holden girl myself and why do you think your choice is better?

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Always preferred Ford when I was young...Now I don't care anymore haha

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ford is better, but only the German made engines.

Other than that, they are both not too great.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Ford is better, but only the German made engines.

Other than that, they are both not too great.
XR5 turbo FTW... that's a Swedish engine made by Volvo but :(

IMO, nothing beats a VN commodore with chopped springs and a welded diff; or, a VL commodore...

but, in all seriousness, I'm a fan of neither... But! if I had to choose, I like Fords better...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
XR5 turbo FTW... that's a Swedish engine made by Volvo but :(

IMO, nothing beats a VN commodore with chopped springs and a welded diff; or, a VL commodore...

but, in all seriousness, I'm a fan of neither... But! if I had to choose, I like Fords better...
Forgot about that Swedish made engine.

Swedish and Scandinavian cars generally have good engine interface with the environment. Its because in those countries, the engine must work well with harsh conditions. Many companies can make a decent engine. Whether it interacts with the environment properly or not can make all the difference.

Seems like most prefer Ford if they don't like either. The American models are ok as well I guess.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Holden but i'm not one eyed, i appreciate both.

I am biased towards holden as i grew up surrounded by 70's muscle cars. Rep for anyone who can guess the type of Holden in the 70's that offered 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engine variants for the one model.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

I am biased towards holden as i grew up surrounded by 70's muscle cars. Rep for anyone who can guess the type of Holden in the 70's that offered 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engine variants for the one model.

I think I know what it is, but I can easily get rep from you so I'll let someone else take the opportunity.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Holden in terms of V8 super cars, but I think fords look better.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's a shame ford haven't made an (Aussie) coupe in recent times, I like Monaros (not too much of a commodore fan either) but an XR6 turbo coupe would be amazing and i'd definitely consider buying one.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
It's a shame ford haven't made an (Aussie) coupe in recent times, I like Monaros (not too much of a commodore fan either) but an XR6 turbo coupe would be amazing and i'd definitely consider buying one.
The 4L turbo is a masterpiece. Someone actually went to the effort of putting one into a vl drag car.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Haha I saw that, sacrilege in a Holden. There's also that R33 on youtube, not worth the cost of the swap for anything besides drag racing imo though.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lol Smokey Nagata from Top Secret did the opposite back in the 90s, highly modified rb26 in a Supra (torque made it easier to daily drive apparently!?) and then proceeded to get arrested in for going waaaay over the limit in both the UK and NZ. Good watch those videos haha.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Lol Smokey Nagata from Top Secret did the opposite back in the 90s, highly modified rb26 in a Supra (torque made it easier to daily drive apparently!?) and then proceeded to get arrested in for going waaaay over the limit in both the UK and NZ. Good watch those videos haha.
Is that the yellow/gold supra? I saw videos on youtube of it doing massive burnouts on the highway, top speed runs etc

Awesome clips

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Is that the yellow/gold supra? I saw videos on youtube of it doing massive burnouts on the highway, top speed runs etc

Awesome clips
Yeah, all Top Secret cars are gold and "Smokey" is named that because of the burnouts lol. Supposedly he was one of the founding members of the MidNight Club. They also did a 1GZ (v12) twin turbo supra but unfortunately they seemed to just fit on whatever sponsors chucked at them so they had to rig up two HKS Fcon 2jz ecus haha.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

When the fuel crisis happened in the 70's, holden rushed to bring out smaller commodores with 4 cylinder engines. They were complete dogs, with high fuel consumption from the fours, they didn't even work for the purpose they were introduced. idk if they still sold sixes and eights then though.

Either that or torana.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
When the fuel crisis happened in the 70's, holden rushed to bring out smaller commodores with 4 cylinder engines. They were complete dogs, with high fuel consumption from the fours, they didn't even work for the purpose they were introduced. idk if they still sold sixes and eights then though.

Either that or torana.
Correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)