Ho many people left in yur hist ext class? (1 Viewer)

kt

HSC
i'm the only person in my class, but its been that way since the start

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Persephone87 said:
Our school won't offer it if there isn't a reasonable turnout (more than 5). that seems very unfair to me.
I was worried about that at the beginning. Nobody said the class was going to collapse but I was freaked out because people were dropping the subject so fast and I only have 10U :(

Luckily, i'm still here :)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
6 to 5
Out of the remaining five, three are finding it extremely hard and are considering dropping it. Those three haven't started their major assignments though, which are due first day back, so they can really only blame themselves.

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
narh i had 7 in the beginning, all females in the class including the teacher and slowly 3 dropped and now there is only 4 pplz left.
it seems weird coz then wen the teacher asks sumfing u gotta answer it and there's like so much pressure wen every1just stares at each otha and pretends to not noe the answer!

Anka

26 down to 5...

We originally had 26 people in our class and it has dropped down to 5 now....losing 21 people has been strange. Makes you wonder why you're bothering to stay in it *lol* But now that the HIP is out ofthe way there is less point in dropping =)

Igor

HSC
N/A
omg!!

[this is spam by the way]

Craig does exist on the forum!! go Newie scum!!!!

twiddla

started at a bout 8 one dropped out - but i'd say there'd be more b4 trials

afta???

HSC
is history ext so hard that ppl frequently drop it

im in yr11 n seriously considering it...
wat makes a person suitable to do it???

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
* you need to have fairly good english writing skills ( as you are writing an essay for a major work)
* abililty to research and communicate info
motavation etc to actually do ythe major work
an interest in histoiry and how and why it is formed

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
we've got 9, from about 15.

its a tough course.
if ur interested in the philosophy of history, or have ever asked 'how do they know this is true' then i'd say this is the course for u. there's a lot of extra work and thinking involved in it, but if u enjoy it... its hardly a problem, let alone a difficult subject.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
From what I have seen, people drop it because they think it's boring rather than because of the level of difficulty involved in the course.

Aussiechick

HSC
there was originally 12 of us I think, and now there's 6. Three of the ppl who left, quit at the end of last term, scared off by their projects lol

SimpaticO

Happy Man
OMG!!! I can't believe the size of some of your classes!!!

We were the first year group to take up this course EVER in our school! There are about 60 people in year 12 this year that do one form of history (modern or ancient) and only four, including myself, took up the offer to do extension history. Our teachers were just happy that people from our school wanted to do it, even if it was a small number of us.

Anyway, I think smaller classes are great. You can put in a greater input into the class, learn better with less distractions (even if people only distract you inadvertently at times), and the teacher can pay more attention to you and help you more.

Anyways, we have kept all four of us that started the course. Being the first to ever do it at our school we kind of felt committed and determined to do our work and projects properly. The teacher is more than impressed with all of our efforts.

waterfowl

HSC
This is the first year that my school has taught Extension History.
We started out with 6 people, and now there are only 2 of us!

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
well i disagree...i think most ppl drop because of the work load... when considering the time needed to do the major assessment and everything else...

update on my class... 5 ppl doing jesus from 12, and 10 ppl doing Q. Beth from around 20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)