hmm.. (1 Viewer)

~Dreamer

HSC
what are your opinions on dating a friends brother/sister.
i was seeing a person who is my friends brother, and once things started getting rocky it almost affected my relationship with my close friend. i promised myself i wouldnt do that again. surprise surprise, im interested in another good friends brother and i think from everything thats happened he might be interested. but i dont want to risk my friendship with my good friend if things go furthur. should i put an end to it ?!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Umm. Theoretically it would be mad. I have mates with hot sister. OH!!!

In practice, don't do it.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
no one is replying to dreamers thread. :(
anyhows, it depends dont it, if ure friend is good with it then nothin is wrong i guess,

in the end, it dont really matter, go for it if its there, just dont hurt other ppl's feelings intentionally

~Dreamer

HSC
hbk_ace said:
no one is replying to dreamers thread. :(
i think its because it has nothing to do with the ongoing competetivness of male vs female, sex or one night stands :eek: doesnt bother me though, genuine replies are mostly aprreciated :)

i think im going to go with what i already knew and just remain friends. i dont want to lose my friend, and i dont want to lose him. even though every time i see him i'll get butterflies in my stomache. oh well, plenty of fish in the sea!

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
thats sweet.
how old are u and how old is ure friend? (not the guy, i assume his an elder brother)

have u ever brought it up with ure friend?

~Dreamer

HSC
well im almost 19, my friend is 21 her brother is 22. most of my friends are in the vicinity of 20 - 23.

the thing is, when i spoke with my friend on the fone after having met her bro for the first time she asked me ' do you think my borther looks like me?' i said no. then she asked what did i think of him and if i thought he was good looking. i said he was nice and that yeah he is attractive and i couldnt belive i just said that to her. she said it alright and said he thought i was nice. and then i changed the subject and talked about something else. me and my friend live on campus and so she finished before me, her mother, little sister and bro came down from canberra to get her stuff and thats when i met him. i was helping carry stuff to the car and he was always trying to be helpful. he is so sweet.... anyhows i know if i get invovled with him that it will affect my friendship with his sister. its an avoidable

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
yea, plenty in the sea, dont sound like there is much to go on,
but in another scenario, im sure if ure friend is cool with it ther eshouldnt be a problem if he likes u too

veridis

droog
HSC
as long as you tell the friend first it should be fine.
i had a similar situation and my relationship with the sis didnt affect my friendship with the bro at all. i guess cause i didnt meet her as his sis it my have been a little easier to keep the two seperate though
it did make it odd when jus hanging with him though. cause the usual topic of chicks was kinda off limits consiering it was his sis. kinda made us better mates cause we had to talk about other shit

Crowie

HSC
N/A
i fink with that whole bro sis thing it can b aight if u just keep ur friendship and ur relationship apart and u dont talk about them with the persons brother or sis that ur going out with
also it just depends how close they r as bro n sis n who breaks it off and how it ends 2 wether or not its worth doing it and if u wanna put ur friendship on the line

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
idont think theres anything wrong with it, as long as ur friend is cool with it
just talk to her about it 1st, tell her u would never diss her 4 him...explain the situation

bex

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
idont think theres anything wrong with it, as long as ur friend is cool with it
just talk to her about it 1st, tell her u would never diss her 4 him...explain the situation
yeah.. make sure you talk to your friend first and check its cool with her. if shes cool with it then bonus! but if shes not then its probably better to take things VERY slowly.. although, you dont know if he likes you yet do you? i think you should tell your friend you like her bro and then suss whether he likes you or not..

Sset561986

I became friends with my boyfriends sister and stayed friends even after we broke up - now i just can't go round to her house:(

Narelle

HSC
make out with him in secrete...if its good then continue

if u want to end it later then do so...

and if the lover bro blabs to sister friend then deny everything

unless ur like best friends with this chick friend of urs or something

~Dreamer said:
oh well, plenty of fish in the sea!
who wants fish

~Dreamer

HSC
Sset561986 said:
I became friends with my boyfriends sister and stayed friends even after we broke up - now i just can't go round to her house:(
thats exactly how it was with my other friends brother - i would always go over her house but after things got messy, i wouldnt go over as often and try to avoid him. but its all good now we're good friends

as for making out with him in secret.... i dunno lol, i'll have to think about that :eek:

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't do it. Both of my best friend's sisters and I kinda had a thing a little while back.. but if anything happened I would of lost them as friends. Not worth the risk IMO.

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
it would b a challenge..putting up with ur friends whinging and getting involved with ur relationship as if there going out with there own bro or sis....most siblings r protective of each other, so if a chick that i didnt lik was 2 go out with my bro and also wasnt treating her right, id do everything necassary 2 brake em up.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)