hm, volunteer work / charity stuff etc (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hmm

I'm looking for volunteer work and/or charity stuff etc

anyone know of any?

the event can be anytime through out the year
:)

tempco

HSC
search up on some charity organisations... salvos, stuff like that. should be able to find something to do.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I thought St john ambulance was a course you had to pay for and was like a "qualification" to your resume, not so much volunteering...

Charity days where they sell merchandise like star day/red nose day/ bandanna day/bandage bear day are always accepting volunteers.

sunny

meh.
HSC
kimmeh said:
I thought St john ambulance was a course you had to pay for and was like a "qualification" to your resume, not so much volunteering...
Yep...the original first aid course you have to pay for, which is ~$90 - but all the events you sign up to attend are volunteer work.

RB ~ CTC

Marvellous
HSC
N/A
the st johns senior first aid course that the st johns ambulance trainers provide is $165 for a weekend course.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Ronald McDonald House Charities...if you are seriously interested let me know because my mum is President of the RMHC NSW Ball, and Dad is on the Board at RMH Westmead...there is plenty for you to do...and i guarentee it will be an enjoyable experience.

sunny

meh.
HSC
RB ~ CTC said:
the st johns senior first aid course that the st johns ambulance trainers provide is $165 for a weekend course.
That is for those who are not members of a division. If you plan on doing duties and being a member of a division and be a volunteer first aider, it is $90.

malkin86

HSC
Volunteer for something that you'll enjoy - whether the event is just fun (sleeping out in the middle of winter with your best mates) - or whether it's your cause, something you're passionate about.

The Winter Sleepout is always a blast, but Mission Australia is only officially running it in WA this year... They do heaps of other stuff though.

Volunteers Australia can also help. Your local council should have a big long list too. Just remember, the whole world loves a volunteer! ;)

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
do you have to be 18 to volunteer for these things (aside from one-off charity fundraising days like bandana day)? Coz I tried to get involved with greenpeace but they told me to come back when I was 18... Seriously though, 17 or 18, what's the difference. *sigh*

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
volunteer for sporting spectrum. see www.sportingspectrum.com.au

they organise all sorts of events, like the mother's day classic, oz day 10k, jpmorgan corporate challenge.

i volunteered for them for a while until an opportunity came up to do casual work for them. now i get paid to do stuff... :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
jawjayo said:
do you have to be 18 to volunteer for these things (aside from one-off charity fundraising days like bandana day)? Coz I tried to get involved with greenpeace but they told me to come back when I was 18... Seriously though, 17 or 18, what's the difference. *sigh*
A lot of times, you do need to be 18 (like, in hospitals and stuff), has to do with legal reasons, methinks

Try looking at http://www.govolunteer.com.au/

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hehe, i'm turning 18 in 3 days. :)
*feels ancient*

hehehe

anyway

thanks a lot for your inputs
I really appreciate it ^__^

I just hope you people actually volunteer for this stuff. heheheh
It's an awesome thing to do, no?

:)

who knows, I might even see you people at one of these thingies

EDIT:
Meads, i'm serious about this. I'm going away for the weekend, and leaving for Uni now, but I'll get back to you soon. fair?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
kimmeh said:

Charity days where they sell merchandise like star day/red nose day/ bandanna day/bandage bear day are always accepting volunteers.
If you join a St John Ambulance Cadet Division and become and 'adult' member, or a Cadet 'leader' (over 18) and under 18's join as senior Cadets.. you dont pay for hte course... your division pays for the course... you dont pay for hte Uniform either.... you just do duties and show up to a meeting once in a while...

klh

HSC
to beergirl: how hard is it to get a volunteering job at that place? also what type of jobs? adn where?
what im trying to get at is do they require any experience???
thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)