Hitler - histography project (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Hey everyone.
I'm looking for some help for my history project.
I'm doing Hitler and the various presentations of him throughout history by various historians.

I was thinking about doing some on the German historians too...we were actually looking at that whole German history controversy where they wrote really 'biased' incorrect histories to portray Hitlers views etc. and comparing them to the modern overly subjective German historians.

Anyway what i am looking for is any sources or writing on Hitler wheter they be internet sites, books, videos etc. Anything at all would be very helpful. I brought a couple of books today like his own biography and some others but if anyone has previously done work on Hitler and happens to know of something would you please be able to post the name and author (if known) - this would be very much appreciated.

Or if you would like email it to me at savage_chick29@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You don't want to be using internet sites, there are a lot of ppl out there with opinions that pose as historians but certainly are not.

Head over to the state library, they have a wealth of stuff on Hitler.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
Hey everyone.
I'm looking for some help for my history project.
I'm doing Hitler and the various presentations of him throughout history by various historians.

I was thinking about doing some on the German historians too...we were actually looking at that whole German history controversy where they wrote really 'biased' incorrect histories to portray Hitlers views etc. and comparing them to the modern overly subjective German historians.

Anyway what i am looking for is any sources or writing on Hitler wheter they be internet sites, books, videos etc. Anything at all would be very helpful. I brought a couple of books today like his own biography and some others but if anyone has previously done work on Hitler and happens to know of something would you please be able to post the name and author (if known) - this would be very much appreciated.

Or if you would like email it to me at savage_chick29@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch
If you have the time, Ian Kershaw's two-volume biography [Volume One- 1889-1936; Hubris, Volume Two-1936-1945-Nemesis) is recommended. Perhaps you could use something like that (Published 1998/2000) and compare it with earlier biographies like that of Alan Bullock?

Or if you intend to stick with German historians, perhaps Joachim Fest-Hitler would be useful? Additionally, if you saw that recent 'Hitler;The Rise Of Evil' tv movie, that virtually dehumanises Hitler, by presenting him purely as monster, from the beginning.. (It also uses sensationalistic distortion, such as when depicting the March 23 passing of the Enabling Act.. In reality, the Social Democrats [SPD] voted against this decree, meaning that it passed 441-84, but in the film, the assembled parliamentarians are shown unaminously approving it's passing..)

Last edited:

dizzyingheights

Isn't Hitler not recommended as an area of study for history ext seeing at is involved in the study of Germany 1918-1945?

That was the advice given to us. Even though it's internally marked, speak toy your teacher about whether this will impact on your entry for the hist ext prize, if you choose to enter it for 2004.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
or if not... look at hitlers enemies... churchill ... Christian Van Kruckow does a nice biography of CHurchill and hes German! from a german perspective...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dizzyingheights
Isn't Hitler not recommended as an area of study for history ext seeing at is involved in the study of Germany 1918-1945?

That was the advice given to us. Even though it's internally marked, speak toy your teacher about whether this will impact on your entry for the hist ext prize, if you choose to enter it for 2004.
not really, since it isnt marked externally there isnt really much problem, plus you dont go in depth enuf with that period

i did mengele and i found that a bitch to try and find, it would help if you had german friends who could speak the language

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)