History (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Modern, but i don't do ancient so yeah, are you good at writing???? cause you need to do alot (for modern) and read and remember alot of things and be able to interpret sources and stuff. but you will learn all this stuff anyways in the first couple of weeks in the course.

If you did modern have you been told what depth studies you will be doing???

But yeah i like and enjoy modern its good, why not do both????

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I think im going to end up with 3 units of it. 5 units, fuck, i don't think i could put up with that!!

KarmaKitten

HSC
i hate ancient
i do modern, it aint that bad but still..sometimes i spend my times daydreaming about killing stalin, lenin, and trotsky

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
personally i would go after and kill Bismarck or the person who thought up of all the bloody concepts, what depth studies did you do????

KarmaKitten

HSC
lol
bismarck! we are doing that now, stupid stupid countries.. all this crap over treaties and alliances, jeez. couldnt they just hug?
we're doing the lead up of world war 1 now, we did russia before

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
we did Romanovs, bismarck and south africa. lol FUN!!!!

Isnt Bismarck like sooo dry there is like 3 wars and you get to learn about none of them really lol, then the new king comes, he "retires" and fucks off and dies. *sigh*.

so over the whole world at the beginning (i never ever want to write that word again) 20th century, its just yuck. and like 80% of our yearly is on it *faints* i want to go back to learning about South Africa, i was like the only one who liked that topic sso my marks were good LMAO,

KarmaKitten

HSC
same
my yearly is on russia and a source question on the lead up of world war 1

modern history yearly is worrying me the most

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
hmmmm my first Assessment task was on Russia, i went so shit in that. (theres a piece of usless info bout Tenille lol)

KarmaKitten

HSC
is that a co -ed school..cause it sounds familiar and my boyfriend might have gone to it or his sister might be in year 11 at it now (not sure)
I go to st george girls high school

my first assesment was on kennedy, lol, did crapppppp * shudders*

Rory

HSC
Im doing both and I think they're both incredibley interesting, they're a bit difficult, alot of reading and writing so I guess your English skills better be up to scratch, but I think they're both good.

I prefer Modern over Ancient though, only because alot of Ancient history teachers try and shove Egypt down your throat, with Modern it's not all stuff you've heard before. At least I've found it that way.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
In my view modern is so much more interesting. It scales better as well. You do have to be a good essay writer though so take that into consideration. Also perform a bit of research into the teachers that deliver ancient and modern history. A good teacher should do a lot of discussion and not that many notes. If you take a lot of notes then they are both pretty boring. The best thing about modern is that it has a parallel between the issues being studied and the current issues in our world. I really enjoy it and can't wait to study history extension.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Originally posted by Craig
The best thing about modern is that it has a parallel between the issues being studied and the current issues in our world. I really enjoy it and can't wait to study history extension.
Me to, i agree with u totally ther... and as they say history repeats itself, reiterating ur statement-- we actually talked bout that in our 1st lesson of prelim modern hist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)