History Project Ideas (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Well - i've just started year 12 and am in the process of selecting a topic to base my history extension project around. Anyone got any ideas of the type of things markers like to read?

tink 18

I think it would be best not to do something someone else has suggested for you to do.
The best idea is to do something you'll enjoy researching. If you enjoy ancient history start there; decide what sort of history you like e.g military history, personalities, societies etc and go from there.
i was having difficultly deciding what i wanted to do so i looked at what i like in history. I like ancient history,looking at personalities from the past and roman society, so i focused my assignment on an ancient roman personality.
if you do something you like and show good historical research markers will like to read your assignment. It doesnt have to be on a subject that they really enjoy because if they mark it hard because they dont fancy the topic they aren't marking properly.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
umm, tink 18 is right, you'll find that if you just research an area of history u like you'll find debates..i started out researching the reason behind the elimination of the druids by the romans in the first centurary ad and ended up looking at changing perspectives on the role of the druids in celtic society...all because i was interested in celtic history...your biggest difficulty will be making sure you not inly HAVE different perspecectives (plenty of kids in my class failed that part..they had the same persepective expressed by different people!) and you can account for why that perspective exists.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
ok, so I pick a personality, but I have to hand in a question that I'm going to research. are there some general questions I could apply to any personality?
or do I have to do a lot of research before I hand in my proposal?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
One of the Nazi dotors, probably Menegele or eichmann not sure what it will actually be yet tho

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol i can tell you mengele will leave you nothing but disillusioned

tink 18

Hey Greeninsanity,
I didn't do a lot of research before hand, all i done was a bit of back ground reading and just thought about what I would want to know about this person in terms of historiography.

In a way there are some general questions you can have, but I think it would help to be a little original. You can have questions on the image created by historians over time of your personality and how this may have changed.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
thanks tink!
I was just kind of worried cause I don't think I have time for originality before my proposal's due in.
but I suppose I can change my question as I go along. :)

MilfordSound

I did mine last year on revisionism, whether is bullshit or genuine
(ie. are they just nazi's or are they serious)
my conclusion, they are nazis
quite fun topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)