History & Memory - the 50th gate (does anybody know how to answer the essay question) (1 Viewer)

japonesque

HSC
so the fifteeth gate is a novel by Mark Baker about his parents experiences as Jewish people who survived the holocaust and came to australia - I've read the novel.

I'm finding troubles to write an essay for history and memory, can anybody help me? whats history and memory about anyway??:bomb:

gypo101

HSC
Re: History & Memory - the 50th gate (does anybody know how to answer the essay quest

so the fifteeth gate is a novel by Mark Baker about his parents experiences as Jewish people who survived the holocaust and came to australia - I've read the novel.

I'm finding troubles to write an essay for history and memory, can anybody help me? whats history and memory about anyway??:bomb:
Mark Baker shows the fragmentedness and fragility of memory. This is reflected through the non-linear structure
memory is painful and can be trigerred by one of our 5 senses e.g sight, smell
the truth is made up of both memory and history
memory is the individual experience and historical record is shaped by context but historical record i susecptible to bias
memory is a significan thing for the Jewish people
memory in narrative form is:
*more direct
*more interacting and less confusing
*succint
Baker demonstrates that the relationship between memory and history is a complex one
Although history and memory are connected they are not always the same
And now i have to go study, i might time more up later
:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)