History & Memory - supplementary texts (1 Viewer)

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for supplementary texts? i need 3 for my speech due after the trials..lol......

any texts besides

Stand By Me
Schindler's List
Dulce Et.......something Es...(sorrie..drew a blank)
Life Is Beautiful
Europa Europa.....

Any suggestions for supplementary texts as a short story? *as i need 3 different mediums + 50th gate to discuss "The ideas fo 'official' and 'unofficial' histories presented in the 'Fiftieth Gate' and three other supplementary texts'. How do personal stories and memories interact with these histories?"

i'm sitting here drawing a blank......since my trials finish on the 19th......how the *BEEP* am i and classmates going to find these 3 texts. lol

Zostarz

try the movie "Sophies Choice" that all i can recommend other than the ones u have already listed. Good Luck

miss_bloom

they're all great ideas for related texts but if you're pressed for time don't forget that there are other mediums of production you can easily use such as history textbook extracts, famous quotations, short documentaries, paintings and graphics of the Holocaust.. they are easier to analyse than a long novel or film and will also give you some variety in your speech because then you can discuss the purpose, link it to the context, intended audience, accessibility etc. good luck :)

Confuzzled?!

HSC
but....still visuals are hard....lol....
quotations..hmmm....:)

eh..it's only an 5-8 minute speech..*as if i can talk for that long.....it's scary talking infront of two advance classes!!!*

but thank you so much :)

we were given quotes by our teacher..i wonder if i can use those....me ask :) heheh..thanks miss_bloom :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)