History & Memory: Related Texts (1 Viewer)

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Re: Supplementary Texts For History & Memory

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I suppose if I look at what the doctors were saying as the 'facts' or history, I could look at it that way? It doesn't really matter because I would only be using this as a second text if we have to because I already have a related text.

DeeDazza

HSC
Re: History & Memory: Related Texts

Our core text for History and Memory is The True History of the Kelly Gang and my related text is Titanic.

nazworks

HSC

we're studying Denise Levertov as our prescribed text. i found 'I was only 19' by Redgum real useful! fairly simple to contrast and link together. hope this is a start yo

jniranjan

HSC

A couple of good texts are The Chaser's Eulogy song, and possibly the film 'The Insider'. The Insider could also possibly fit in with the Conflicting perpectives module.

I did H&M(The Queen), and for related texts, used the guardian's obituary of steve irwin, and redgum's "I was only 19".

FlagMuffin1221

HSC
N/A

Has anyone used Saving Private Ryan as a related text? I need some pointers as to what kind of things to look for in relation to history and memory. We're studying the Smithsonian Website, by the way.

ThatRandomGuy

HSC

Can anybody tell me what a good related text is for Levertov's poems, and what poems the related text matches with

ofallthestars42

HSC

My class are doing the Smithsonian 9/11 Bearing Witess to History website, Extremely Loud and Increadibly Close (the movie) and the ABC Black Saturday Website which are all about memorial which is pretty much the mashing of history and memory in itself so...
But I'm having mad difficulty with the whole topic. Its has just completely baffled me.

Genial

HSC

Has anyone thought of using Palestinian memoirs/novels as related texts for 50th Gate? Not sure if the irony would be appreciated by some markers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)