history extension (1 Viewer)

tink 18

I was quite suprised at the questions, i was expecting them to a fair bit harder than they actually were.
I think i done fairly well, i flew through the case study question without a problem, but now we just have to wait and see.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yes it was a very fair exam, no suprises. Although one of my teachers freaked me out like an hour before we went in by saying 'I wouldn't be suprised if they gave you no source at all'. Apparently they can do that (she sets exams).

tink 18

i dont think i'd mind at all if they didn't give us a source becuase then i wouldnt have the trouble of having to refer to it all the time and keeping in mind what the source actually says. You (in my opinion) would be able to focus soley on your answer and not trying to remember to refer to the source in your essay.

Generator

HSC
N/A
So you would choose to repeat an essay rather than answer a question? I know which response the markers would be looking for (even if it is largely a rote exercise (which is wrong and defeats the purpose of an exam))...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think the most surprising part of the exam was how similar Question 2 was to last year's Question 2. With the exception of the stimulus statement and having to incorporate that into your answer, virtually identical.

tink 18

what i was saying generator was that you don't have to have a provided source in front of you to answer a question. You would not have a source in front of you to give you guidence in answering the question and the question would be marked soley on you knowledge without the assistance of the source.

it would be similar to the setting of question two, since it too doesn't have a source to refer to.

The only problem with not having a source at all in the exam would be that it would not test your ability to draw conclusions and ideas from a source and use your knowledge to prove or disprove the topic risen from the source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)