History Extension Help (1 Viewer)

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
Hi everybody,
I am thinking of doing "Bombing of Nagasaki" as a topic for my thesis. Do you have any ideas on what should i write/talk about.

Thanks in advance

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
you could look at the various ways it has been portrayed in the media or something like that? maybe link it to how japanese history is taught in japanese schools?

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
do you know any easy controversial topics with plenty of resources available.Because i found 4/25 books for my topic,which is very bad and i need another 21 books for my bibliography otherwise BOS-SOB will fail me.

Thanks in advance

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
umm... i cant think at the moment... but keep in mind that your assignment is marked INTERNALLY so your teacher should know what he/she is looking for...

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
in my school the thesis is marked externally.My teacher gives it to a teacher from some girls school and visa versa. I dont mind it ,because my teacher can actually can help me with the thesis.
But thanks for help anyways snakeoils :)

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
thank you !meeee!.Now i have another problem.I am going have mid-exams for ext history based on historiography.I have books and notes available on this topic.The problem is that i don't know where to start and what to study! Please help

Thanks in advance

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hey raven how bout mentioning the fact that the japanese have left out, quite literally, the bombings as well as losing the war, in their updated history curriculum

just a suggestion :D

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
your mid year exams should be in a similar format to the trials and final exams
depending on how much you've done you will be examined on
a) what is history
b) your case study

i found the best way to organise my notes and reading was as follows

WHAT IS HISTORY
Pick about 4 historians from the ones you have studied and make notes on them in terms of how they wrote history, what sources they used, what they thought of as the purpose of history and what their context was. with this information for each historian you should be able to handle almost any question they throw at you. Be compared to contrast directly the differences between these historians

CASE STUDY
Pick three historians or historical views of your case study and write your notes according to the areas covered in your case study. Eg. for winston churchill you would write notes on WWI, WWII, foreign policy etc. To check what areas are part of your case study check out the syllabus on the BOS site

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)