History Extension exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

raspberriesandpears

HSC
does anyone do maggie thatcher for case study?? i honestly love it - i talk about "death of a revolutionary" in every essay because it's hysterical

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
What Ancient topics r u doing (sorry to bring ancient into a hisext discussion)
😭 😭 i do sparta, julius caesar, and the fall of the roman republic
i would have been so happy to do any of the ancient case studies in extension but alas when i brought up the civil war of pompey and caesar in extension i realised my teacher knew nothing......... smh
i WILL talk about plutarch in every essay i do
i main ancient why have i never thought of this

raspberriesandpears

HSC
i main ancient why have i never thought of this
oh you NEED to it's my favourite thing
methodology, purpose, context, type of history, you can get him in all of them
i don't even do ancient but plutarch was a facet of my major work so i'm very confident in him
i also like bede because i did a lot of hagiographical stuff in my mw too

band6yesplease

HSC
i don't even do ancient but plutarch was a facet of my major work so i'm very confident in him
Omg what why does ur major work sound so good
can u copy and paste so we can read it?? hahah

graceluvsA's

HSC
I love Bede. I love Von Ranke too but just to shit on him for his quest of the absolute.

jesusandpals

HSC
yall idk what im doing for this subject anyone have any advice ?? i hate history extension so much :eek2:

graceluvsA's

HSC
I'm gonna just post my note taking of what they asked in the past years since 2017 to try and predict what they will ask us this year:

2017:
- Constructing: Purpose of history and one source but copyrighted.
- Case studies: Source about history being capable of being shaped (so broad omg)

2018:
- Constructing: How can historians construct and record history? Only one source again.
- Case studies: WHY historians approached changes (cant see copyright source).

2019:
- Constructing: How does EVIDENCE shape the construction of history? 2 sources.
- Case studies: How do changing METHODS shape interpretations? Only one debate needed.

2020:
- Constructing: Evaluate the significance of AUDIENCE in the production (interesting word choice) of history. 2 sources.
- Case studies: To what extent does historical debate inform our understanding of the past. 1 source to refer to and two areas of debate needed.

2021:
- Constructing: To what extent can historians be CERTAIN about the past. two sources.
- Case studies: Evaluate the significance of CONTEXT in the construction of historical interpretations. AND THEY GAVE A PHOTO 💀😭😿

2022:
- Constructing: To what extent does CHANGING TECHNOLOGY influenced approaches. 2 sources to refer to.
- Case studies: Mary Beard quote: "The role of an academic is to make everything less simple" (Why is that so true), to what extent do you agree?

graceluvsA's

HSC
NOW MY PREDICTION

Constructing:

They have not assessed us on:
- Role of history.
- Misuse and use of history.
- Forms of history
- Types of history: political, social, economic, environmental, military, academic, popular, national, local, surveys, macrohistories, microhistories, biographies, psychohistories, historical fiction
- Availability of historical evidence.

Case studies:
- Popular interpretations of perspectives of area of debate.
- The shaping of interpretation: sources and form of communication.

🤓

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
NOW MY PREDICTION

Constructing:

- Role of history.
- Forms of history
- Types of history: political, social, economic, environmental, military, academic, popular, national, local, surveys, macrohistories, microhistories, biographies, psychohistories, historical fiction

Case studies:

🤓
omg i am so grateful for this i'll exclusively study these dot points tbh

i think my dumb case study fits the shaping of interpretation dot point really well, and also the fact that they havent tested popular interpretations yet means i can justify playing crusader kings 3 for research purposes...

math struggler

HSC
NOW MY PREDICTION

Constructing:

- Role of history.
- Forms of history

Case studies:

🤓

Wait this may be dumb but for the case study, what is actually meant by popular interpretations? Like I do JFK and blab on about how the revisionists (ppl from like 1970s) are all anachronistic in their historiography and suck. Can I talk about them still for pop history?

math struggler

HSC
NOW MY PREDICTION

Constructing:

- Role of history.
- Forms of history

Case studies:

🤓
Also in terms of predictions they haven't assessed us on changing philosophies yet either. That's one of those little wriggly dotpoints like "changing technologies" hidden at the bottom of the syllabus, and considering last years I wouldn't be surprised if they chose it.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
herodotus is like the basis of every single one of my essays haha; usually contrasted with Thucydides so I can make that paragraph actually big enough
same lol i think no matter what they ask tomorrow i will use herodotus and thucydides as well as irving's holocaust denial

on the topic of tomorrow i just want to say that i am so screwed guys like if they test the forms of historical communication sub question its actually so over... pls be the use and misuse of history i will spend 9 of those reading time minutes crying of happiness

kingpalindrome

HSC
I'm so underprepared, I can't remember any historians for Napoleon and I've got no clue how to structure my arguments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)