history and memory..? (1 Viewer)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Im not sure what this module is exactly askng us to do... like in an essay what do we exactly talk about.

Also how do we anaylse a text and relate it to history and memory?

cheers

HSC
the module is just asking to compare history and memory i think, and how it is represented in ur prescribed text

HSC
The syllabus asks the student to consider;
1. The relationship between individual memory and documented evidence
2. The interplay of personal experience, memory and documented evidence to broaden their understanding of how history and personal history are shaped and represented

My understanding is that we need to recognise that what we recieve or respond to through any text is the deliberately or subconsciosly constructed perspective or viewpoint of the composer.

Critical theory has emphasised the relative nature of 'truth' and 'reality' as it is depicted in any text, historical documentation or otherwise. Even the most factual works are subject to editing, ordering, omission, selection, emphasis, etc.

With this knowledge, we must analyse different texts to evaluate the relationship between a 'historical' document and a record of personal memory, developing our own thesis about their relationship to each other, and how history and memory are both are presented within any text.

any thoughts...?

Last edited:
HSC
oh one second, let me find some extra time {non-existant} to do your hsc + mine.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
fuck you agget, if you cant help dont post! Fckn dog muttt!!!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
fuck you agget, if you cant help dont post! Fckn dog muttt!!!
relax buddy =.=

anyway.. history and memory:
looking at the relationship between the two. pick some key concepts that you think are strongly conveyed in your set text (i.e. history validates memory, memory doesn't give the whole story but then again, neither does history etc.). analyse how these ideas are conveyed (through language). supplement these with related texts, analyse the related texts in terms of language and how they convey those key concepts and that's it :)

and i've attached some statements/concepts/questions that you could use.

HSC
hey, in regards to essay Structure, I ahve three main points. And I ahve three texts, right.

Should each of my three texts relate to EACH point?

eg, To gain a verifiable truth, history and memory must be explored concurrently.

MUST I use all three texts when exploring that point?

Or can i use 2 texts in first para, 3 in 2nd para and 2 in last para? Is this structure okay?>

Thankyou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)