historiography in the core study + change in the modern world (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
how much historiography is needed in the core study, especially seeing how it's tested in the HSC as mostly a source analysis. i was working on my notes and usually i put in a historian's quote/argument here and there in a colourful text box but i was wondering how useful it was actually going to be. for example, in the final question (a 12 marker i think??) of the core study section, is it really necessary to put in a historian's quote, seeing as the focus is using the sources provided in the source booklet? i understand that historiography is needed in a 25 marker 100% (1 per paragraph), but how about a response half the marks?

the same goes for the 5/8/12 section in the change in the modern world bit. do i need to put historiography in a 5 marker, an 8 marker or a 12 marker? if so, how much historiography do i need? thanks in advance

Anaya R

HSC
I think it would mainly be more worthwhile for the higher marked questions. For a 5 marker, especially in core, the focus would be keeping the answer relevant without excessive waffling.
Additionally, historian quotes should be used as a supplement for the answer, ie as a support to further drive your main point OR to provide an alternative perspective. This would be better for the 10+ markers, especially for change in the modern world, where there may or may not be a source. Note that since it is a supplement it is not required.
I'd say save the quotes for section 2 and 3 where you're writing full-on essays.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I think it would mainly be more worthwhile for the higher marked questions. For a 5 marker, especially in core, the focus would be keeping the answer relevant without excessive waffling.
Additionally, historian quotes should be used as a supplement for the answer, ie as a support to further drive your main point OR to provide an alternative perspective. This would be better for the 10+ markers, especially for change in the modern world, where there may or may not be a source. Note that since it is a supplement it is not required.
I'd say save the quotes for section 2 and 3 where you're writing full-on essays.
so probably not worth it in core, and probably insert one piece of historiography or so for change in the modern world? thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)