Hist. Extension - Places with Good 'Resources'. (1 Viewer)

xdesires

HSC
Planning to work on my project during the Summer Holidays. :D

Any good places/libraries that you recommend?

Fischer Library, State Library ......?

Thank you!

Last edited:

susstorm

HSC
i'd definitely recommend fisher library.. but you'll need to get a card and all. actually, i never visited state library. i guess it was mainly because i had already found the books i needed at my local library and there. good luck!

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Contact Macquaire University, they are letting History Extension students use their libraries! So thats a good start!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
State library + Fischer Library have heaps of books, try Macq if you're close to it :)

leapfrog1

HSC
It all depends on your topic. Why not look up State Library/ all the Uni libraries and search their catalogue. It'll save you heaps of time and you'll know exactly how many books are there ;)

xdesires

HSC
Forgot about this thread... > <;

Thank you everyone for your recommendations!

I did end up visting the Fisher Library + got a a library card. :) Unfortunately, all the books that I wanted were in the 'Reserve' area - meaning I only read as much as I could in 2 hours; photocopied ~5 pages from each book. D: It was practically nothing...

I shall have a try at Macq. Uni. ^^

My general topic area is on: the changing representations of Cleopatra. (maybe emphasising on film representations?)

Thanks, once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)