Hip-hop (1 Viewer)

HSC
hip hop is music too.....rap is the commercial version of hip hop....rap/R&B is an even more pop-orientated version of hip hop

common - i used to love H.E.R explains it all

chingy is all about beats, AINT NO ONE SAYING HE HAS GOOD LYRICS (and getting away with calling themselves a hip hop fan) me, for one i enjoy SOME of his music BECAUSE of the BEATS.

common, the roots, ice cube (old ice cube), T.I, jay-z, nas, outkast (more ATLiens day), scarface, z-ro...now thats some shit

RIZAL

HSC
kotic said:
Hip hop is the culture. Rap is the music.
Breakdancing or bboying is the dance.
Chingy sucks.
PS any bboys here?
yeah me...

wanna battle?

*links up a gainer to windmills to flare to 2000s to airtrack*

ur turn.

Chang

HSC
who the fuck breakdances anymore? i gave that up years ago. the best dance to hip hop would be crip walking.

of course movies like honey and you got served are abit unrealistic in terms of the quality of dancing in clubs (they over do it in the movies), they are still entertaining.

HSC
haha crip walking, what i laugh at is ANYONE over here that says 'im a crip' or 'im a blood' they piss me off badly, those are gangs over in america (there are also more prestigous street gangs over there such as 'the vice lords' and 'street disciple' but bloods and crips are the ones most talked about in 'gangsta' songs) i see white folk doing the crip walk and i just shake my head, it's stupid, your trying so hard to be someone YOUR NOT that you start living a lie and living 'dangerously' and attempt 'gang violence' to be cool when in fact everyones laughing at you. New Zealanders seem to be the worst offenders in sydney....brew...im a crup or a bluud. Idiots

Chang

HSC
just becoz u crip walk doesnt mean ur a crip or a blood or wotever. im refering crip walk as a style of dance rather than a rivalry between american gangs.

Amryllis

HSC
natstar said:
I love Hip Hop. I dont dress in the fashion but I love the music and the dance. If I were younger i'd learn, bt yeah I always like to bust a move to it
It's never too late to learn to dance! :)

You can do hip hop classes at Sydney Dance Company. They've got different levels - beginner, elementary, intermediate and advanced. There are other types of dance there too. Jazz, classical, funk (similar to hip hop)...

I only started dancing early last year and I've been going regularly to dance classes :D

Last edited:

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
well i enjoy listening 2 most hip hop but particularly enjoy listening 2 pharrel and jay z.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
who here does hip-hop dancing? im considering it. looks like fun.

does anybody watch the wade robinson project on MTV, they're so good!!

Amryllis

HSC
I just went to a hip hop dance class at the Sydney Dance Company today! :D It was awesome!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Really? Do you need to have experience or can you just go even though you know shit all?

Amryllis

HSC
It's good if you have dance experience because even in the beginner classes at the Sydney Dance Company, most people can follow the routine reasonably well. Many people are very good. But you gotta start somewhere right? Even if you haven't danced much before, you should have a go. It's very intimidating at first, but after a few more classes, you'll find that you improve. It's for your own enjoyment anyway, so I'd say go for it if you're interested!

Classes are 1 hour and 45 mins. You start off with warm up for about 40 mins, consisting of some moves, stretches, sit-ups and push-ups to strengthen the muscles. Then the rest of the time you learn a routine. The teacher might break up the routine into 2 parts, with some across-the floor work in between. The class will be broken up into 4 lines and you do some moves across the studio room. Music will be played constantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)