Hinduism/buddhism Significant People (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
HI I WAS JUST WONDERIN WHO WOULD BE THE BEST PERSON/SCHOOL OF THOUGHT TO STUDY FOR HINDUISM AND BUDDHISM?

we did gandhi for hinduism in class but i dun think he contributedd muchh so iwanna do sum1 else.. ne recommendations? hu do u think wud hav the most info and be the easiset?

buddhism is another prob for me.. we did the dalai lama which AND HE has like NO CONTRIBUTION to the religion in my opinion.. who should i do? i was thinkin along the lines of sister dhammadhinna but not suere..

do u think i shud even do sum1 else? or shud i stik to gandhi n dalai lama?? i def need sum1 else for buddhism at least.
plzzzzzzzz help this is very impo to me:cold:

thnks

jessitastic

HSC
I'm doing the Dalai Lama, but I don't understand how he helps so I'm just going to write everything positive I can think of.. even though I don't believe he's a helpful person in general.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
how about actually do buddha for buddhism?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Fathers said:
Brother, I'm kidding. Relax. I studied Buddhism for like an entire term for SOR.

Are you Buddhist? If so, answer this for me: How do you know when you've reached the stage of enlightenment?
haha alright, thought it was a genuine question is all =)

yes im buddhist in terms of the ideology is presents, i dislike the whole praying/religious affiliation that comes along with a religion.

i wouldn't be too sure as to knowing when you've reached enlightenment, but a broad definition is when you've freed yourself from any desires and any kind of suffering.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
how about actually do buddha for buddhism?
cant do the Buddha in Yr 12

at OP...look iin the syllabus at the recommeded figures and go from there

laurennn91

HSC
the dalai lama is the easiest one to do

contributions:
1. spiritual and secular leader of tibet
2. international advocate of buddhist teachings
3. western face of buddhism - globalising the religion
4. placing buddhism in a more modern, relevant and accessible context for buddhists and non-buddhists

etc etc etc

mathslover

HSC
haha thanks for the suggestions guys..
But too late now i made that post agesss ago
ive ended up doing Gandhi (found some reali good info on him so its all good) and im doing sister D for buddhism
and aisha for islam.
:karate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)