Highlighting your own quotes for english - which colour? (1 Viewer)

Porogamiii

HSC
One of my teachers recommended that we highlight our quotes points in essays, so it's easier for the marker to read. Does anyone know which colours show up on the scanners for the HSC? I'm guessing yellow won't work, but maybe pink or orange?

HSC
Typically we recommend our students use yellow, it minimizes shadows and still keeps the writing legible. Good luck with your exams.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Typically we recommend our students use yellow, it minimizes shadows and still keeps the writing legible. Good luck with your exams.
Are you a marker?

How much you say would make you give a paper with a smiley face as a symbol (so you know its my friend's) a 20/20? (Asking for a friend)

Jokes. Jokes. I do not engage or promote bribery and act with upmost integrity.

On a more serious note. Do you penalise people for over-writing? Cause my hand writing is big and it may appear I wrote a lot.

icycledough

HSC
One of my teachers recommended that we highlight our quotes points in essays, so it's easier for the marker to read. Does anyone know which colours show up on the scanners for the HSC? I'm guessing yellow won't work, but maybe pink or orange?
I thought apart from black pen, nothing else is allowed on the writing booklet as it mentions it on the front page. If that were the case, I would definitely just 'underline' like someone else mentioned above.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I think pastel colours would be better than fluorescent colours for scanning purposes, idk, anything light through which you can see the writing underneath* should be fine

unless you absolutely need to use highlighters, underlining is the better option. I don't think highlighting things in English is a good idea tbh

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
perhaps highlighting subheadings is fine, if you use subheadings that is, but highlighting mid paragraph might be distracting to the marker

liv888

HSC
Are we allowed to highlight our paper?? I didn't even know that was a thing. I thought we only underline the text and that's it? Has anyone actually highlighted in an exam before? I'm confused

juju1234

HSC
i highlighted the answers my maths exam with a pastel purple last year and it all turned out fine

icycledough

HSC
I'd say for maths what I used to do was to circle my final answer at the end, just so it stood out. Especially in questions which require lots of working out, it can be quite difficult for the marker if the answer is within the working out and isn't distinct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)