Higher Chemistry 1a (1 Viewer)

krn_boy

I'm planning to do chemistry at uni this year as it is a pre-requisite. I also am planning to do the GAMSAT post grad medicine test in my final year which requires 1st year chem(wasn't specific) knowledge.

I have the choice to do either Fundamentals of chem or Higher Chem. To anyone that knows, do you think Higher Chem has a significant advantage over fundamental chem for medical science subjects in second year? Also do you think that the chem required in GAMSAT can be covered in fundamental chem?

It's just that I'm worried that Higher Chemistry's difficulty and I'm worried its difficulty might make it awfully hard to pass or receive good grades. (GPA is important factor in post grad medicine process)

On a side note to any B.Med Sci. or B.Sci first year students, if you're doing chem as one of your subjects, are you going to take Higher Chem or Fundamental Chem?

laney

HSC
i can't answer your question, but i know fundamentals chem is basically a review of Year 12 chem plus a little bit more new stuff. it's very easy.

i've heard the higher chem is quite a fair bi t harder.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I am doing Fundamental chem. I did crap in the HSC...so......Fund chem for me.

Hey krn_boy, I am also thinking of doing Postgrad medicine.
I didn't know anything about 1 st year chem being a prerequisite?

krn_boy

Sorry, I must have worded it badly. It isn't a prerequisite for the course. Instead the science section of the Gamsat test can test you on 1st year chem . Also 1st year bio and year 12 physics.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
according to the science guy, if u achieved 75+ in HSC chem, u should be doing higher chem

with regards to GAMSAT, they say u need 1st year uni chem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)