High Scaling Subjects (1 Viewer)

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
I have no idea..this would quite help me quite a bit to decide what subjects im doing next year (11), so, can anyone tellme the top 15 high scaling subjects?..thanks ^_^

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
melissa92 said:
I have no idea..this would quite help me quite a bit to decide what subjects im doing next year (11), so, can anyone tellme the top 15 high scaling subjects?..thanks ^_^
1. Mathematics Extension 2 (only available in Year 12 unless you are accelerated)

2. Latin Extension (only available in Year 12 except acceleration reason)

3. French Extension

4. Distinction Courses (only for accelerated students)

5. Classical Greek Extension (same)

6. Latin Continuers

7. Classical Greek Continuers & German Extension (same for German Extension)

9. Japanese Extension (same)

10. Classical Hebrew Extension (same)

11. Italian Extension (same)

12. Mathematics Extension 1

13. English Extension 2 (same)

14. Indonesian Extension (same)

15. English Extension 1

Scaling of languages may vary to great extent every year due to small number of participants in each course. For example, the scaling of Korean Background Speakers dropped significantly from 2006 to 2007. Ranks given according to AVERAGE SCALED MARK FOR EACH.

Last edited:

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
WOW..thx..:) i wished my school taught Latin..it would be wonderful to learn Latin ^_^

Hey..is any of these subjects High scaled or above average scaling?

Advanced English
Mathematics
Chemistry
Biology
Geography
Modern History

Lmao..sorry for bothering you :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
melissa92 said:
WOW..thx..:) i wished my school taught Latin..it would be wonderful to learn Latin ^_^

Hey..is any of these subjects High scaled or above average scaling?

Advanced English
Mathematics
Chemistry
Biology
Geography
Modern History

Lmao..sorry for bothering you :(
Chemistry seems to be your highest scaling subject. In a relative position, it is scaled well. It has the highest scaling among the science subjects.

Well, in general all your subjects are decent in terms of scaling. They are actually quite good. They are better than my subject combination I reckon. However, scaling won't affect you (much) as long as you achieve high results. With your subject combination, it is possible to achieve 100 UAI and none of your subjects is capped. So, don't worry.

Poad

HSC
melissa92 said:
Thats... not a very good idea.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Seriously...do NOT pick subjects based on scaling.
I fell into the lets pick chemistry coz it scales well trap and although I did not perform poorly in it, I still found my interest in it to be non-existant so I dropped it.
Yeah...definitely analyse what you enjoy and what you can see yourself loving for 2 years

hope this helps

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
By the way, i know that i should choose subjects i want to do without the scaling factor in it..in know..but still..xD :p it would be great at least to know ^_^

autumn-angel

HSC
lyounamu said:
Chemistry seems to be your highest scaling subject. In a relative position, it is scaled well. It has the highest scaling among the science subjects.

Well, in general all your subjects are decent in terms of scaling. They are actually quite good. They are better than my subject combination I reckon. However, scaling won't affect you (much) as long as you achieve high results. With your subject combination, it is possible to achieve 100 UAI and none of your subjects is capped. So, don't worry.
I thought Physics scaled the highest out of science

Last edited:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
melissa92 said:
By the way, i know that i should choose subjects i want to do without the scaling factor in it..in know..but still..xD :p it would be great at least to know ^_^
Yeah, that's cool just be careful and wise with your subject selection

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
autumn-angel said:
I thought Physics scaled the highest
Thats a big misconception. They tend to scale quite similarly, but chemistry is usually higher (i'm not 100% but i'm sure lyounamu will know)

michael1990

HSC
autumn-angel said:
that's why i chose those 3 subjects!!!
You choose them because they scale well?
Not because you would do well?

Blonx

HSC
Don't choose subjects on their scale, choose subjects you enjoy and think you will go good at. If you don't enjoy a subject or you have no clue what it is and you pick it because it is scaled highly the chances of you scoring a good grade are pretty slim.

Im not saying stray away from subjects you don't know about, but if you have an interest in them do them, just don't base your judgement on their scaling.

michael1990

HSC
barbecuedflava said:
i heard business scales real bad = (
is that true?
Well if you do really bad of course it will. The same as any other subject.

HSC 35.8​
scaled 23.8

Not the best scaling. But still okay compared to the others. (Humanities)

michael1990

HSC
Blonx said:
Don't choose subjects on their scale, choose subjects you enjoy and think you will go good at. If you don't enjoy a subject or you have no clue what it is and you pick it because it is scaled highly the chances of you scoring a good grade are pretty slim.

Im not saying stray away from subjects you don't know about, but if you have an interest in them do them, just don't base your judgement on their scaling.
Totally agree.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
autumn-angel said:
that's why i chose those 3 subjects!!!
If thats the only reason you chose those three subjects good luck for the HSC. They are all quite demanding and if you dont have any interest in them then you will hate the next two years of school!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)