hi (1 Viewer)

Shamz

HSC
N/A
hi when i was doing my scaling i was looking at 3yrs ago i was wondering how come it goes down the mark and why not higher. Or does it depend on how well that year does

like if i got all 70's my uai would be in the 50's but like 80's i would get a uai of like mid 80's

i want to know like why does it change lower every year, why does the marks go LOWER

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you will get a proper explanation from someone else but maybe people are generally doing better in their subjects?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I have no idea what you are on about...

Do you mean when inputting the same marks will result in a different UAI every year? i.e. all 70's = 60 UAI in 2001, but all 70's in 2002 = 65 UAI etc.... ?

Or, do you mean why is it that a small difference of 10 marks for every course can make such a big difference in UAI?

UAI is a ranking, it's typically that every year seems to get smarter, and hence they will attain higher marks. Thus, higher marks are required each year to attain the same UAI needed in the previous year.

Originally posted by Shamz
like if i got all 70's my uai would be in the 50's but like 80's i would get a uai of like mid 80's
A 10 mark difference in every course is actually a very big difference.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
I have no idea what you are on about...

Do you mean when inputting the same marks will result in a different UAI every year? i.e. all 70's = 60 UAI in 2001, but all 70's in 2002 = 65 UAI etc.... ?
i took it to mean that

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i think he means, the little details on the left where it says what the uai would have been in 2001, 2002 and so on...is it? :confused:

Edit: oh wait...he is talking about marks submitted...hmm i ahve no idea how to translate that..:p sorry

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
i think he means, the little details on the left where it says what the uai would have been in 2001, 2002 and so on...is it? :confused:

Edit: oh wait...he is talking about marks submitted...hmm i ahve no idea how to translate that..:p sorry
i get what Shamz is saying [i think]

when he types his marks into SAM his UAIs are getting lower as the years go on and he wants to know why not higher

also

when he puts marks that are in the 70s why is the UAI around 50 though when he puts marks in the 80s why is his UAI in the mid 80s

Shamz

HSC
N/A

yeh thats wat i meant like why does this marks change in every year and why when i put 70's 4 all my subject do i get a UAI of 50's but wen i put 80's for all i get in the 80's??????

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Shamz
yeh thats wat i meant like why does this marks change in every year and why when i put 70's 4 all my subject do i get a UAI of 50's but wen i put 80's for all i get in the 80's??????
That's because 10 marks difference in every course is a LARGE difference. Think about it, altogether that's like 50 marks difference. That's why there is such a large difference between the UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)