Heyz...uai prediction please (1 Viewer)

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hi pplz wanted to get an estimate of me getting chances of 99+ and if im close what should i work on. ive put up some of my modded marks by the school as well as raw, correct me if theyre wrong or unrealistic, btw my school is around 200 usually persons 1 for a few subs get 99+.

Biology = Raw Average = 87% --> Ranking = 1/67 Modded Approx = 94%
Chemistry* = Raw Average = 87% ---> Ranking = 1/50 Modded Approx = 94%
Physics* = Raw Average =80% ---> Ranking = 1/45 Modded Approx = 94%
Maths 2u = Raw Average = 80% ---> Ranking = 6/76 Modded Approx = 92%
Maths 3u =Raw Average = ~65%--->Ranking = 8/27 Modded Approx = 82-85%
English Adv* = Raw Average = 82-84% ---> Ranking 3-6 Modded Approx = 89-92%

* - Subjects marked with extreme difficulty.

i also wanted to ask what would be chance of me getting a shared dux in front of someone first in adv eng, modern hist, ancient hist, ext hist, Legal Studies. is Chem/Phy/Bio regarded as high achievement?

Last edited:
HSC
youre pretty much on track, putting yourself in a great position to get a 99+ uai. ace the externals and i think you will be set. as for being dux, its hard to say if you'll be dux if someone else is first in everything they do. but your uai is more important anyway! good luck

soisorce26

HSC
anonymus2003 said:
hi pplz wanted to get an estimate of me getting chances of 99+ and if im close what should i work on. ive put up some of my modded marks by the school as well as raw, correct me if theyre wrong or unrealistic, btw my school is around 200 usually persons 1 for a few subs get 99+.

Biology = Raw Average = 87% --> Ranking = 1/67 Modded Approx = 94%
Chemistry* = Raw Average = 87% ---> Ranking = 1/50 Modded Approx = 94%
Physics* = Raw Average =80% ---> Ranking = 1/45 Modded Approx = 94%
Maths 2u = Raw Average = 80% ---> Ranking = 6/76 Modded Approx = 92%
English Adv* = Raw Average = 82-84% ---> Ranking 3-6 Modded Approx = 89-92%

* - Subjects marked with extreme difficulty.

i also wanted to ask what would be chance of me getting a shared dux in front of someone first in adv eng, modern hist, ancient hist, ext hist, Legal Studies. is Chem/Phy/Bio regarded as high achievement?

dear god, you have like the most pro results...i wish i had them....what school do you go to anyways?

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Arthur Phillip High School...lol i feel happy to have them lol..worked my ass off all year to get those ranks there..maybe a 3 for eng..im hopeful coz some of my eng work is being remarked. i also did IPT 89 for that alil disappointed in dat being a band 5 but oh well.

Ademir

HSC
firstly, use the SAM calculator. It's far better for predicting your UAI than posting on these forums. just make sure you know how to use it properly (that means not entering just the marks you got at school).

I'd say though with your 1st rankings in various subjects (and the 6 in 2U isn't really that bad since our school is good at 2U, or at least im assuming it is since you have 92% and are 6th) youre in a good position to get 99+. It's by no means guaranteed, though. You need to ace your external exams, and hope for the subjects where you aren't first everyone else does too. Especially for English at our school, the mark difference between the people coming 1st and 2nd and the rest of the grade is fairly substantial. That could pull you down a bit, if the same distance is kept in the externals.

furthermore, your raw averages are in no way indicative of your exam results. A raw average of interal assessments that is 95+ means little if in the actual exam you get 70 for that subject.

Bottom line: if you perform at a mid-90s level in all your exams, you have a very good chance of getting that 99 (or at least thats how it is with the subjects im doing according to SAM), though I'm not sure how well your science subjects scale so that might be easier for you.

as for DUX, you probably wont get it. I've talked to the principal and shes already decided who the dual-DUXers will be, unless she decides to change something. You never know though, and it doesnt really matter anyway.

What the hell do you want a 99 for anyway? Law at USYD :p?

Cythen

HSC
also, "that guy" is also 1st in General Maths :p

soisorce26

HSC
lol, i hope you thrashed the umat, cos without it, 99 aint gona do much lols

williams180

HSC
hey just wondering if u guys could predict my UAI

Economics 1/13 - 97% in trials
Business 1/60 - 86% assesement
English Adv 25/100
Gen Maths 4/60
Geography 1/40 85% assesement

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)