Hey. New UTS student here (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Hey. I'm a non current school leaver and I got accepted into B Business at City Campus.

I've got some questions to ask though:

1.) What is the maximum amount of subjects that I can get exemptions for? I completed 1 year of tertiary study at UWS doing B Business (Accounting). I'm hoping to get exemptions for the subjects that I done in that year. What do I need to provide in order to receive exemptions? Is there a link which can help me?

2.) Is it hard to get credits and distinctions at UTS?

Thanks. I look forward to my time at UTS.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
1. Depends on what subjects you did at UWS. For any equivalent subjects, you can get an exemption for it. You should be able to get as many as you are able too I think. Bring your transcripts and subject outlines if you have them. Check the enrolment site where you registered after you got your UAC offer. It should be there somewhere.

2. Depends on how you work. I'd say it's the same as what you had to do at UWS. Depends on the subject too.

Welcome to UTS :)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Thanks jasee.

Also, if I do get exemptions for most or all the subjects I've done, do I go straight into 2nd year? However, I do realise that I will have to do the unit 'Marketing Foundations' since I didn't do an introductory marketing subject at UWS.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well basically, you get exempted for the subjects that you can, and then you just enrol in some subjects for this year. Along with Marketing, you can enrol in some 2nd year subjects. I mean, the way that the BBusiness majors are structures, means that there's not really any specific 2nd/3rd year subjects defined, so you can do them in whatever order you like. I mean, if you're going to be the Accounting major, you can do most of it this year if you really want, provided you got exempted for the 2 accounting core subjects and finance. If you don't get exempted from the 2nd accounting subject then you won't be able to start your Accounting major in Autumn. So yeh, see how you go I guess.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
jase has done the hardwork!
so i will again greet y ou!!
WELCOME!
nothing happens much in the uts forum section.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
dark`secrets said:
jase has done the hardwork!
so i will again greet y ou!!
WELCOME!
nothing happens much in the uts forum section.
umm, like lets get nekkid and play twister :eek: ... show the new kids what really goes down on the internet

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:
umm, like lets get nekkid and play twister :eek: ... show the new kids what really goes down on the internet
okay.. only if mike joins! lol

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:
lol... duh, i dont think there has ever been a game of nekkid twister played without mike
:rofl: man u know what? i love mike:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hanzo

HSC
dont worry about unit outlines and stuff..
when u go uts to enrol on your enrolment day...
there is a room u goto for exemption stuff.. and the people in there
have a whole big folder
which gives you the equivalent subjects of n e uni...
they already know which subject at uws equals which ones at uts
and i can tell you one thing..
rayanaldo.. that is..
the 3 accounting subjects you did last year at uws.. is equal to ONE uts accounting subject
which is "22107 Accounting for Business"
the marketing, law, economics, statistics, subject would get exempt coz their totally the same... infact both unis even use identical textbooks for them.
however im not too sure about the management subject.. theres too much of a variety at uws ..

paece^^

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Thanks Hanzo and jasee.

Just read the info on getting exemptions on the UTS site. It says that I need to provide:
- a copy of the grading system of my previous institution.
- an academic transcript of my previous study.
- certified copies of subject outlines.
- a fully completed "Application for Recognition of Prior Learning" form.

Thats a fair bit of stuff i got to show.

aleco88

HSC
Hanzo said:
dont worry about unit outlines and stuff.
the 3 accounting subjects you did last year at uws.. is equal to ONE uts accounting subject
which is "22107 Accounting for Business"
the marketing, law, economics, statistics, subject would get exempt coz their totally the same... infact both unis even use identical textbooks for them.]

So, accordinding to Hanzo's statement the quality of the accounting subjects at WSU isn't as good as UTS'.

Is that why you transferred Rayanaldo?
What else didn't you like about WSU? Please tell me!!!

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
aleco88 said:
So, accordinding to Hanzo's statement the quality of the accounting subjects at WSU isn't as good as UTS'.

Is that why you transferred Rayanaldo?
What else didn't you like about WSU? Please tell me!!!
I transferred because B Business at UTS is what I had my sights set on since year 12. I found nothing wrong with UWS. It's a good uni. Lots of nice people and I had a very good time there.

aleco88

HSC
actually, my first choice was UTS as well, but I only got 81 UAI.
If I like UWS I'll probably stay there. Which campus were you at? You must have got C's and D's to transfer?

aleco88

HSC
Rayanaldo, hope you settle in quickly at your new campus. I'm sure you'll do well.
By the way, Ive put B.Sc/B.Buss down as a DFEE for the Late round of offers which has a main round cut-off UAI 82. If i get it, I'm wondering if I should take it?
I'm not too sure what to do with the Science. I haven't discussed it with any course advisers.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
aleco88 said:
Rayanaldo, hope you settle in quickly at your new campus. I'm sure you'll do well.
By the way, Ive put B.Sc/B.Buss down as a DFEE for the Late round of offers which has a main round cut-off UAI 82. If i get it, I'm wondering if I should take it?
I'm not too sure what to do with the Science. I haven't discussed it with any course advisers.
Thanks.

Good luck in your course too. I'm sure you'll have a good time in your first year.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
uts, wicked.. proberly see you all round there. wat this camp i hear about.. pfftt
gotta pick me some creedits.... btw wats the percentage of blokes to girls in the science and intl studies department :wave: :wave: :wave: just checking :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)