hey i need help (1 Viewer)

starrysky

HSC
*glare* Lucky. Ahah. Psyched for the first English paper? It'll make you grin. :) ... well it made me grin, but then I have a tendency to not do what people expect, so ... hm.

Fhsjffhfjfkfjk. I just went over the word limit (!!). Stupid teachers. Time to condense this report crap ...

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
*glare* Lucky. Ahah. Psyched for the first English paper? It'll make you grin. :) ... well it made me grin, but then I have a tendency to not do what people expect, so ... hm.

Fhsjffhfjfkfjk. I just went over the word limit (!!). Stupid teachers. Time to condense this report crap ...
Within my 6 drafts, I managed to cut roughly 300 useless words without changing any meaning. Keep refining.

jimmayyy

HSC
imaginative is easy as fuck. coleridge ftw, his techniques are so plain the essay writes itself.

starrysky

HSC
Be thankful you don't have Morgan's "My Place" and inner. I was right in my Year 11 prediction that Advanced would be a crock of shit.

I wish the techniques were as obvious in the autobiography. It's so dense and boring that you get two pages into it and it puts you to sleep. Literally.

Who here goes to a school that selected absolutely shit texts for the Advanced course? ME! *flails hand in the air*

kewlu

Banned
HSC
We've got Skrazynecki (note use of krazy) for Physical, BR/BNW for Module A, King Lear for B and Frontline for C. It's ok. Frontline is pissweak though.

English Paper 1 this morning wasn't too bad, even though i spent the whole time thinking about EE2.

Rowman

CCCP
HSC
Lionheart = devoid of any literary techniques as it was written by like a year 10 dropout or something. It's so dull and boring and it pains me to compare it to frost's the road not taken and dante's inferno

starrysky

HSC
Inner: "My Place" and "The Road Not Taken" and some related text I should change.
Module A: "Emma" and "Clueless". Sexist female-oriented crock of shit.
Module B: Gwen Harwood poetry. More sexist female-oriented crap. Yuck.
Module C: "Antony and Cleopatra" and "Fahrenheit 9/11". The attempt to make the course seem more masculine has failed. Cleopatra was a slut queen, she asked for it.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Ours isn't too gender-biased, however I think if anything it would be weighted towards men - all our texts are composed by males. (Which can't be anything but a good thing (Yes i'm sexist)).

Oh, just finished the 7th draft. Only 3 small changes this time. :)

starrysky

HSC
Determination and progress ftw. Time to fabricate four months worth of journal entries. :)

Which exams do you have this week?

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Wednesday is Maths, Thursday is Modules and Friday is EE1.

Hooray for crime fiction.

*stabs crime fiction, leaving no trace of murder*

starrysky

HSC
Would you like my lovely speculative fiction study? It involves dystopic and science-fiction studies, as well as a film study of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I promise it will treat you nicely, it's very easy but requires a warm cup of milk before bed. It guaranteed me a square 39/50 for my trial that was done purely based on memory of (very) old class discussions and no actual cramming or study prior to the exam. :) *pats spec. fiction on head*

We're lucky arses, we get Tuesday off in the first week, yo? I had Monday | English 1 -> Tuesday off -> Wednesday | Mathematics -> Thursday | Business Studies -> Friday | English 2. Jfhdjfkfjhfjhkfjk.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
Would you like my lovely speculative fiction study? It involves dystopic and science-fiction studies, as well as a film study of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I promise it will treat you nicely, it's very easy but requires a warm cup of milk before bed. It guaranteed me a square 39/50 for my trial that was done purely based on memory of (very) old class discussions and no actual cramming or study prior to the exam. :) *pats spec. fiction on head*

We're lucky arses, we get Tuesday off in the first week, yo? I had Monday | English 1 -> Tuesday off -> Wednesday | Mathematics -> Thursday | Business Studies -> Friday | English 2. Jfhdjfkfjhfjhkfjk.
Oh I hate you so much. We did "Utopia and Visions of the Future" in Year 11, which is similar to Spec Fic. I'd do SF if it wasn't for Lord Of The Rings. I <3 George Orwell and 1984 and all the dystopian stuff. Hell, my original major work was a satire on that shit.

Nyao

HSC
I took the liberty of half the day off today.

starrysky

HSC
Shut your mouth, Lord of the Rings is by far the easiest text to analyse in the SF course - at least it was for me. What was utopia like? Oh, by the way (!!), "The Handmaid's Tale" is one of the best dystopian novels I've ever encountered, I recommend it. *prods all of you* Come to the dark side ... and ... READ IT! We have cookies.

We did King Arthur for the Quest unit in Year 11 for Ext1. How disgustingly archaic. I wanted to kill Sir Torre for his foolishness, the git. It's addled my brain now. Hmm. Addled. Isn't that such an English-sounding word? I walked past a place today and could swear it was called "Wigglesworth House" or something. *raises eyebrow*

Less than twenty-four hours, people! *flails hand* I'm going to go and fall asleep now - it's all over and done with for me. :) *bangs head on keyboard*

bumhead

Random Insults
HSC
starrysky said:
Inner: "My Place" and "The Road Not Taken" and some related text I should change.
Module A: "Emma" and "Clueless". Sexist female-oriented crock of shit.
Module B: Gwen Harwood poetry. More sexist female-oriented crap. Yuck.
Module C: "Antony and Cleopatra" and "Fahrenheit 9/11". The attempt to make the course seem more masculine has failed. Cleopatra was a slut queen, she asked for it.
not bad. pretty close to wat i have except
i do Brave New World/Bladerunner for first module though :)

i HATE A+C!!!!

starrysky

HSC
I don't think they're feminist. I just think that in conjunction with other texts chosen for other modules, they can make the Advanced course seem geared infinitely more towards a female audience than a male; and I despise this sometimes ignored bias. Very few male students out there would appreciate studying "Emma" and "Clueless" when they could be studying other texts that relate to transformation, in comparison to the horde of females.

@bumhead: I hate A+C too. I hate powerplay, in fact - the entire unit is utterly despicable, and the fact that we could be doing George Orwell's "1984" instead of this Shakespearean crap, annoys the hell out of me. All up to the school, though. *glares* I hate every module in this course. The area of study doesn't take my fancy either. If there was a way we could twist it so that you could do EE1 and EE2 without doing Advanced, I'd froth at the mouth and twist it.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
Shut your mouth, Lord of the Rings is by far the easiest text to analyse in the SF course - at least it was for me. What was utopia like? Oh, by the way (!!), "The Handmaid's Tale" is one of the best dystopian novels I've ever encountered, I recommend it. *prods all of you* Come to the dark side ... and ... READ IT! We have cookies.

We did King Arthur for the Quest unit in Year 11 for Ext1. How disgustingly archaic. I wanted to kill Sir Torre for his foolishness, the git. It's addled my brain now. Hmm. Addled. Isn't that such an English-sounding word? I walked past a place today and could swear it was called "Wigglesworth House" or something. *raises eyebrow*

Less than twenty-four hours, people! *flails hand* I'm going to go and fall asleep now - it's all over and done with for me. :) *bangs head on keyboard*
That was one of the most absurd posts I have ever viewed.

We watched the Handmaid's Tale movie. Never. Ever. Ever. Again.

starrysky

HSC
Have you read the BOOK, though? The movie was nowhere as thrilling as the book. I was given no impression of a dystopia in the visual adaptation, it was a crock of shit. Written original ftw. Read it. Cookies.

I hate it when teachers set past HSC questions as assessment tasks. *glares*

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Rebekkie said:
if that was a way to stop people from stressing it was stupid coz it obviously freaked out a couple of people. starwars references are appreciated though :)
Also, to whoever thinks emma and clueless are feminist, they are NOT, or if they are they are the most stupid feminist texts ever and if i was a strong feminist i would burn them.
But those people were relieved and happy when I revealed myself, hence your logic being flawed.

And lol feminism.

fishy89sg

HSC
Rowman said:
holy shit. i was thinking that was a joke, but then after having a friend of mine get 28% for an ancient history exam and leaving out a whole section, i didn't know what to expect.

not as bad as 5%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)