kewlu

Banned
HSC
DownInFlames said:
hehe just did. If you would like to refer to the post about 2 up ^^
Your swift action is welcomed.

starrysky

HSC
Ahaha. That was good. *nods* A fine job thou hast done. :) I'm going to go and stop my eye from twitching ...

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
Ahaha. That was good. *nods* A fine job thou hast done. :) I'm going to go and stop my eye from twitching ...
I loled. Quite loudly.

Are you guys all done? I can't be bothered lookign through other threads - AOS exam tomorrow.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
DownInFlames said:
ooh good luck!
Cheers. I'm hoping my hand's physical journey through 20 pages will be fine.

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
Oooh! English Paper 1 was okay for me - not exemplary, since the questions were bothersome and worded weirdly - best of luck for your trials!

And you suck - inner journeys ftw. Ahah.

~untitled~

HSC
Imaginary journeys have much more win. Apart from the fact that our english paper had no creative writing to do with imaginary journeys at all, they were all physical.

starrysky

HSC
I'm thankful for inner - imaginary's rumoured to be the most difficult of the three, but I couldn't envision myself adapting to studying imaginary journeys. Physical's a load of your shoulders, though, because it's a lot less interpreting than the other two, albeit seeming really Standard-standard. Heh.

On a slight tangent - is it just me, or is everybody doing better in EE1 than in Advanced? *blinks*

EDIT: 4U scales really well, as does 3U. And remember that English trial is only worth about 20% of the school assessment mark, compared to the 40% in other subjects. So you can rest a little easier with Advanced and Extension 1 - at least, that's how it is at my school.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
I'm thankful for inner - imaginary's rumoured to be the most difficult of the three, but I couldn't envision myself adapting to studying imaginary journeys. Physical's a load of your shoulders, though, because it's a lot less interpreting than the other two, albeit seeming really Standard-standard. Heh.

On a slight tangent - is it just me, or is everybody doing better in EE1 than in Advanced? *blinks*
I was going fairly well in Advanced, but then I got buttraped in the last assessment. A mark I didn't deserve.

And Lol, I just got my 6th RS draft out of the way.

starrysky

HSC
Pfft. Give me some of that determination - I've spent the last half-hour dissecting my journal remnants to see what else I could pump into my RS (!!). Word limit is 1200. Here's to betting that when I finish it, I'll have gone over.

Aww. Ah well, trials are a prime opportunity to get over everything else and bullcrap your way through the two hours. I still find that it should be three instead of two, though - grossly inadequate to give two hours for three questions in Paper 2.

Hurrah for EE2. What's everyone doing for their Major Work?

Rowman

CCCP
HSC
holy shit. i was thinking that was a joke, but then after having a friend of mine get 28% for an ancient history exam and leaving out a whole section, i didn't know what to expect. lol i was terrified for you.

P.S. physical journeys are the easiest since you can also somewhat link them to other journeys as representations of inner/imaginary/etc. except it sucks if you get a shitty text like Lionheart :(

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
Pfft. Give me some of that determination - I've spent the last half-hour dissecting my journal remnants to see what else I could pump into my RS (!!). Word limit is 1200. Here's to betting that when I finish it, I'll have gone over.

Aww. Ah well, trials are a prime opportunity to get over everything else and bullcrap your way through the two hours. I still find that it should be three instead of two, though - grossly inadequate to give two hours for three questions in Paper 2.

Hurrah for EE2. What's everyone doing for their Major Work?
Haha, they're not 6 separate drafts, otherwise I would be dead. I;ve jsut been revising and revising.

My major work is a Critical Response deconstructing Black Metal through lyrical interpretation. I go through religious beliefs, alternate views etc - I generally try to refine the stereotype associated with Black Metal, and eventually I make a judgement on the integrity of the genre based on that.

starrysky

HSC
I both envy and twitch at critical responses. Those who choose to compose them are admirable in their ambition, but the very thought of writing one for a Major Work gives me the heebie-jeebies. Eck. Kudos to you!

Mine's just a plain old cathartic and autobiographical short story, which chronicles, through use of roman a clef, my own experiences in childhood from age eight to twelve. It explores the intrinsic importance of the relationship between a mother and her son, and emphasises also the influence of death, loss, and grief on a teenager's life. Yes, that is precisely what I projectile-vomited at my teachers for my Viva Voce. :) How emo-esque of me. It got me a very decent 23/35, I was so pleased I almost wailed and my soul nearly deflated.

Last edited:

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Oh wow, that sounds good. And with that vocab and analytical technique, you'd knock over a Critical easily.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
kewlu said:
Oh you. You got me. Well done, young jedi. Your master will be proud of you.

Indeed this is a joke thread. I am a regular member who has been unfortunately banned until the 21st of October. (Nice timing really)

I'm also an EE2 student, and I have done most of my Major, lol. No night before for me, although I thought at the start of the year that might have been happening.

But I wanted to create this thread as a joke for you guys to hopefully relieve some stress in the final stretch. I hope you're all doing fine and whatever you do, don't be like my alter ego here and and leave stuff until the last minute.

That said, I'm sure there is someone out there who hasn't started their Major yet. And if you are the person reading this, I wish you well tonight.
You have NO idea how relieved i am to hear that.

starrysky

HSC
I have no patience of anything analytical or critical, unless it's associated with some kind of creative writing in the vein of stories or poetry. Everything else is just air to me. :p

Bwahahah. Just finished my Report. Boo yah! And before 1 AM, too ... everyone in the house go whoop-whoop! Now ... amendments ...

Anybody else have their stuff all due on Tuesday?

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
I have no patience of anything analytical or critical, unless it's associated with some kind of creative writing in the vein of stories or poetry. Everything else is just air to me. :p

Bwahahah. Just finished my Report. Boo yah! And before 1 AM, too ... everyone in the house go whoop-whoop! Now ... amendments ...

Anybody else have their stuff all due on Tuesday?
Wednesday morning. But I will hopefully be done Tuesday morning so I can proof and get some opinions on Tuesday. Free day ftw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)