Hey Guys Urgent Regarding Journal!!! (1 Viewer)

mazza!

HSC
Hey ummm how did everyone else start their first entry for their journal i suck at this aspect!!! thanks in advance!

starrysky

HSC
First of all: calm down.

There is no standard way to start your journal - the other person who did EE2 in my year started hers with nothing but the date and then printed out web pages that related to her central concept.

I started mine differently. My teacher gave me a sheet for character creation that had things like "Physical Attributes: Name, Age, Height, Weight, Skin Colour ... Personality Attributes: General, etc." so my very first entry was the date plus that sheet, and then my answers to those character prompts.

Remember that how your structure your journal and how you fill it is up to YOU - start it in your own way, with whatever is relevant to your idea/story/etc.

Tessa*55

HSC
Hey, dont worry so much about how you start it. Just make sure that you do start it soon. Its your journal, so its supposed to reflect on your process adn how you arrived at the ideas you used. Another person in my EE2 class started by writing down her plot and then expanding on it in her journal, writting things like how and why she chose certain things.
Its really up to you and there is no real set way of doing it. Good, luck!!

holden4ever89

HSC
thats right!

its YOUR journal, so make it as personal as you can (omitting all names of course)

my opening page just had "So it begins..." and that was followed by my proposal and a draft poem.

i grew quite attached to my journals actually, try doing the same with yours, i found it helped alot.

ourmansam

Love or Money
HSC
Haha, my habit of talking to myself inside my head helped me. Mine begins...:

The Logging Beggins
You, my friend, are reading the log book for my 2 unit Extension English MW. Me - well I'm ___ _______.
I've chosen to take up this unit because...

And so it continues, lol...

fkelly

HSC
Heya,
im new to this whole forum thingy, but all of the advice u've given about the journal writing, has also helped me. Just wanted to say thanks!
xo

Hysterik

HSC
God, I just had the date and then "today I have my first meeting with my teacher..." and then talked briefly about my ideas. My journal is a pile of crap. But it's housed in a pretty notebook so it's all good.

starrysky

HSC
Hysterik said:
God, I just had the date and then "today I have my first meeting with my teacher..." and then talked briefly about my ideas. My journal is a pile of crap. But it's housed in a pretty notebook so it's all good.
Tip, though - keep the pile of crap organised nonetheless, and stuff as much as possible into it in at least a semi-categorised fashion in case the markers decide to resort to actually opening your Journal (focus will actually be on your Reflection Statement and Major Work, they only really look at your Journal if there are inconsistencies that seem to be more than just co-incidental or passing errors).

Hysterik

HSC
Oh, it's organised. But that's because there's not much in it. :rolleyes:

jess39

HSC
I've already done some writing and a bit of research which is printed off and dated... so I guess that means I've started.
I need to find a nice book now :] I think I'm going to be quite picky. It has to be thick, because I'm going to use it heaps. But it cannot be ugly, because I have to actually want to use it...

I think it would be best to start sooner rather than later. It doesn't really matter if you don't know what you're doing or anything... it's supposed to show your progress and stuff.

Mrs-Darcy

HSC
I've got a green spiral book for my journal and so far only have a couple of pages of notes from a book about writing...
What does the first page of you guys' journal consist of? I don't know how to start it.
Especially as I have no ideas as of yet...

agua.fuego

HSC
Thankyou so much! My journal's kind of personal atm. I thought I was doing something wrong with it, but now... joy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)