Heroes (US) (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
SiZmOs said:
They can only use one power at a time? Didn't know that was a rule...

And Peter would have died from the gunshot wound, I thought, because the original plan was for her to shoot him in the back of the head. I believe when he gave her the gun he explained to her, "Back of the head - you know the spot." So if he was shot there, it's not like the bullet just goes in - it would tear apart that part of the brain, completely, not allowing anything to be left for regeneration, resulting in death.
i dont think Claire has any knowledge of where to shoot to completely kill a person who can regenerate, if such a spot does exist. i dont see why Peter permanently dying would be a better alternative to just temporarily dying.

Claire does, however, know the spot where peter pierced by the slab of glass.

47.46.45 said:
Agree with everything that's been said about the finale.
Does anyone else find it a bit weird that Peter can absorb powers even when people don't use them (ie, Tedd) and his mother has a power, yet he hasn't absorbed it and he's around her all the time? wtf?
its probably something really unnoticeable and non passive (he has to concentrate to use it).

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
47.46.45 said:
Agree with everything that's been said about the finale.
Does anyone else find it a bit weird that Peter can absorb powers even when people don't use them (ie, Tedd) and his mother has a power, yet he hasn't absorbed it and he's around her all the time? wtf?
Keep in mind that Ted had trouble controlling his power for a long time too. Seems like a power that you have to concentrate to control rather than one that you have to concentrate to use.

stephenchow

HSC
SiZmOs said:
They can only use one power at a time? Didn't know that was a rule...

And Peter would have died from the gunshot wound, I thought, because the original plan was for her to shoot him in the back of the head. I believe when he gave her the gun he explained to her, "Back of the head - you know the spot." So if he was shot there, it's not like the bullet just goes in - it would tear apart that part of the brain, completely, not allowing anything to be left for regeneration, resulting in death.
I wouldnt say its a rule but if you watched the episode where Peter meets that invisible guy and he makes a breakthrough after being thrown off the building, Peter says that he doesnt have to forget about the people he cares but instead remember them.

And so he probably can only think of one person at a time such as remembering Claire right before he hit the car.

EDIT: Watch Episode 14 again

Last edited:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i think that "remember about them to use their powers" rule was just for when peter was learning his powers. for the rest of the series he seemed to be able to use his powers pretty naturally without having to force them out like that.

while training with the invisible guy he also just instinctively starting using telekenisis and it seemed to take him a while to even just realise that it was sylar who gave it to him.

and i doubt he was thinking about claire when he had a piece of glass pulled out from his dead brain.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i dont think Claire has any knowledge of where to shoot to completely kill a person who can regenerate, if such a spot does exist. i dont see why Peter permanently dying would be a better alternative to just temporarily dying.

Claire does, however, know the spot where peter pierced by the slab of glass.

its probably something really unnoticeable and non passive (he has to concentrate to use it).
My opinion is such a spot doesnt exist. As in, claire and peter cant die. at all. Sure they are dead if something is lodged in their brain, but once you remove the immediate death threat they come back to life. Even if this is 100 years later, they should still be able to heal. It would also be interesting to see if they are immortal, in some fiction having such a high regeneration rate as them means that you have to seperate them down to small peices and spread them over the earth, and even then to bring them back to life all you have to do is bring the peices close to each other.

Peter is crazy powerful, even more powerful than whoever this new enemy is going to be, because he is the sum total of everyone...he is like captain planet. His only problem is he still STILL doesnt have full control over his powers, the future episode gave us hope though because he switches powers around and uses it with ease.

Would be interesting if Hiros dad is an immortal [ not like claire and peter, more like cant die from sickness and old age like tolkiens elves] but i think its more likely Kenzei is Hiro [as in the real warrior dies but hiro assumes his identity] or some sort of ancestor.

stephenchow

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i think that "remember about them to use their powers" rule was just for when peter was learning his powers. for the rest of the series he seemed to be able to use his powers pretty naturally without having to force them out like that.

while training with the invisible guy he also just instinctively starting using telekenisis and it seemed to take him a while to even just realise that it was sylar who gave it to him.

and i doubt he was thinking about claire when he had a piece of glass pulled out from his dead brain.
Claire was near him so he was taking in her powers.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
stephenchow said:
Claire was near him so he was taking in her powers.
hmm true that. Maybe Peter can be killed aslong as claire isnt near him....

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Didn't he throw Claude off a building, jump after him and start flying to escape the Company at one stage there (I can't really remember)? Because if so, Nathan was nowhere nearby ...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
Didn't he throw Claude off a building, jump after him and start flying to escape the Company at one stage there (I can't really remember)? Because if so, Nathan was nowhere nearby ...
I think he's talking about unconscious use of powers. That one was conscious, and he had to think about it to make it happen. The others, like Ted's and Claire's, are unconscious.

And interesting comparison to Captain Planet, heh.

stephenchow

HSC
One thing that puzzles is how Nathan flew when he was cornered by Bennet and the Haitian and the Haitian can block powers. This was at the beginning of episode 5.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
stephenchow said:
One thing that puzzles is how Nathan flew when he was cornered by Bennet and the Haitian and the Haitian can block powers. This was at the beginning of episode 5.
I chalked that one down to the Haitain not concentrating, not 100% sure though.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I'm going to rewatch an episode where Peter says to Claire "You know the spot." I'm certain he said something like that... Do you guys still have the episodes?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
SiZmOs said:
I'm going to rewatch an episode where Peter says to Claire "You know the spot." I'm certain he said something like that... Do you guys still have the episodes?
I've still got 'em. I remember him saying that as well.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Well, all Claire really needs to do is shoot him in the head. That'll disable him but I don't believe they can die at all.

And as for Kensei, either his Hiro's dad or he's just another hero of Heroes. :D

Also, Peter should have teleportation/time travel since the episode where Hiro came from the future. Wish he would use these powers already.. He didn't even use a power in the final fight which pissed me off mighty.

stephenchow

HSC
Snaykew said:
Well, all Claire really needs to do is shoot him in the head. That'll disable him but I don't believe they can die at all.

And as for Kensei, either his Hiro's dad or he's just another hero of Heroes. :D

Also, Peter should have teleportation/time travel since the episode where Hiro came from the future. Wish he would use these powers already.. He didn't even use a power in the final fight which pissed me off mighty.
Apparently he had super strength.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
What do you mean apparently? You could hear boom's as he was punching Sylar in the face.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
But Sylar shouldn't have any enhanced strength, meaning as soon as he got punched in the face his head should've rolled off.

Unless he got it early on. But yeh Peter should have super strength now from Nikki.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
But Sylar shouldn't have any enhanced strength, meaning as soon as he got punched in the face his head should've rolled off.

Unless he got it early on. But yeh Peter should have super strength now from Nikki.
I don't think that her super strength is that powerful. She's pretty strong, but she can't lift a plane or anything (as far as I can tell).

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Snaykew said:
there are still quite a few powers that sylar has that we dont know about (he killed all of molly's family, as well as a few individuals that were probably never mentioned) and he survived a few bullets from parkman from one of the first episodes. he may not be as durable as claire or peter but he can probably still take a fair beating.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Snaykew does have a point - remember, Niki/Jessica did tear those dudes appart... Though I suppose Sylar may have some form of enhanced strength, one way or another?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)