"HERO" the MOVIE.. WHO's SEEN IT? LOVED IT? -> possible SPOILERS depending on others) (1 Viewer)

Hero - Did You Like It?!

• I loved it!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • It was quite okay actually!

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • WTF?! Not my type of movie!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Some aspects about it were a bit.... (please specify)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Yeah, I saw it in 2002 also, in Mando...i had to rewind...listen..."oh wait! So thats what he said!"...Loved it!
BTW...thats what American companies do, they "buy"(TAKE) the movies made by other countries and either remake them, or edit them and release it to the public.

The did it to Shaolin Soccer (in USA), and they're going to do it to Kung Fu Hustle...hope i wasnt too subtle...sorry...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
watched it today ...
great movie ... cinematography was execellent ...
8/10
recommended

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
watched it a couple of years ago...as many have already said... bloody awsome cinematography but plot was shithouse.

also whats with plugging tarantino's name on the movie just to sell it.... its cinematically different from all the movies he made, and all he prolly did was prolly cut a few scenes out (i havent watched the movie released by miramax tho, just speculating)

rumour

HSC
bubz :D said:
i saw it the day before yesterday. i didn't really like the plot but it was very artistic, i especially LOVED the scene where they're fighting above the water.
:uhhuh:

I saw it this saturday & I did not like it!!!!

The cinematography was good.

But the movie had no plot :(, it just repeated the same story line over & over, with the same people dying.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
the plot was lacking ... yes lol but i like the fight scenes :p

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've had it for a while now, and I enjoyed it. The story was reminscent of Chinese Opera storytelling, as was the music. The contrasting use of colours is also a Chinese Opera device.

I enjoyed the music, but it sounded a bit Too reminiscent of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Tan Dun is an excellent composer, not to mention the world's most famous Chinese composer, but his music was a bit too derivative of his previous work.

In regards to the Glorification of China, I don't see any problem with this. China is our Motherland, and I would think it's deserving of our respect. In these times where there are separatists trying to destroy our country, we Must stand up in support of the complete reunification of China.

I did have a bit of an issue with the whole Forbidden City thing though. This was set in the period of Qin, 2200 years ago. The Forbidden City was built during the period of Ming, only 600 years ago. There were other blatant historical inaccuracies, but this was the one which annoyed me the most. That doesn't matter though, since the point of the story wasn't to be historically accurate, but to convey the idea of the Mandate of Heaven, that the Emperor is the Son of Heaven, and all of China must be united under Him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)