Here's the deal... (1 Viewer)

mystify

HSC
I was unable to personally go to the student centre to re-enrol due to countless personal circumstances and life's unexpected miseries so i mailed it early Wednesday morning (which i was told we could do). Btw it was priority-paid to ensure that they would receive it straight away. Now I'm worried about whether they received it and actually bothered to process it. If anybody else mailed it did you/have you experienced prob's with it. Also, will that mean i get fined even though i have proof that i mailed it off on Wednesday? Thanx for any reassurance/input :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Did you get a receipt to prove that you posted the re-enrolment? Cause in one class this semester a number of peoples assignments got lost through the mail. If you have proof that you did post it that day, you should be fine, although admin will probably get shitty at you, as they usually do :rolleyes:

L

LaraB

did you registered post it?

coz if you did - it doesn't matter if it g ot lost coz according to uni policy - a registered post receipt is 'proof' that you mailed it...

klh

HSC
well if it doesnt work out...late penalty/fine...which is stupid, why a fine?
and fo rthose who want to vary their, no go, do it next year which is sorta similar to late anyway as your enrolling late...

when you give th fom into th student centre, they process the formk straight away dont they? [fo thso ewho have lodged it] so therefor etheir work is not too much except for those who mail it. the best check is to check platofrmweb if it is up yet as asking htem would be futile...

ally15

Beep.
HSC
Cape said:
Did you get a receipt to prove that you posted the re-enrolment? Cause in one class this semester a number of peoples assignments got lost through the mail. If you have proof that you did post it that day, you should be fine, although admin will probably get shitty at you, as they usually do :rolleyes:
hahha yeh i remember that and Corazon was chucking a fit saying that a receipt from the post office isnt enough and they had to find other ways of proving that they did the assessment and mailed it...i mean wtf how else would u prove it??

L

LaraB

klh said:
well if it doesnt work out...late penalty/fine...which is stupid, why a fine?
and fo rthose who want to vary their, no go, do it next year which is sorta similar to late anyway as your enrolling late...

when you give th fom into th student centre, they process the formk straight away dont they? [fo thso ewho have lodged it] so therefor etheir work is not too much except for those who mail it. the best check is to check platofrmweb if it is up yet as asking htem would be futile...
yeah.. all the info sheets they've handed out says pretty straight forwardly you can't vary your enrolment now - you just re-enrol as normal and vary it next year ... especially as timetables change anyway...

they process it straight away.... but keep in mind it usually takes least a day to get up on pweb - it says 72 hrs but me n my bros were up the next day..

L

LaraB

ally15 said:
hahha yeh i remember that and Corazon was chucking a fit saying that a receipt from the post office isnt enough and they had to find other ways of proving that they did the assessment and mailed it...i mean wtf how else would u prove it??
that's why a large number of smart lecturers ask you for online submission as well just as proof in case it goes missing and all that - saves the hassle of proving it later on..

ally15

Beep.
HSC
And a smart lecturer Corazon is not...nah shes alright just sometimes she goes a bit funny :|

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
that's why a large number of smart lecturers ask you for online submission as well just as proof in case it goes missing and all that - saves the hassle of proving it later on..
hehe ... tourism lecturers don't even know how to turn a computer on :rolleyes: infact, many times in the past two years some of them have asked how to work the powerpoint presentations and the tvs when we watch a video, sure, they are old, but obviously stupid as well :p

The thing that is a problem about posting, is that Australian post is almost as reliable as city rail :rolleyes: And everything goes to the Penrith Campus first, so there could be a mix up between stuff, we all know admin are slow and stupid.

ally15

Beep.
HSC
whenever i mail them an assignment I always email to them and ask them to confirm on whether they received it or not.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have never mailed an assignment. I'd prefer to travel the 2.5 hours and physically hand in the assignment, than to stress that it doesn't arrive. Either that, or I finish the assignment early (which i have never done :p)

ally15

Beep.
HSC
i try to finish the assignment early....and then mail it.lol
i really cant be bothered travelling

klh

HSC
no but its processed already, and at the end of a certain time period i.e. a day, week etc, they upload that data onto the UWS servers to make the changes we see, but its already on their (local) servers so we wait coz either there is alot to process from local to the main or there is a error...so the main thing for admin is typing all that unit stuff in and get the maile din ones.
yeah, i was ignorant in that ive already doen a reenroment and didnt read that part except about fines etc. a sign of being old i suppose lol...

Jiga

I think Im in a worse situation, I sent mine on Thursday (Express Post - Supposedly next day delivery!) so Im really hoping that they got it on Friday or that they got it at all.....and Im beginning to doubt whether I signed that stupid 'dangerous goods declararion :rolleyes:. Would keeping the post office receipt and the express post thingy receipt be sufficient in proving I sent it?

And on the UWS site it said that for external students, it may take up to 2 weeks to hav their enrolment details online....so Im guessing thats because they send it by mail....so that adds another dimension to this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)