Here's my rant, as promised... (1 Viewer)

Montagnana

GruvisMalt said:
I don't know where Mike B's coming from. There's not much point arguing the values of the Music 1 course with a Music 2 + extension student.
This is the first decent and logical thing you've said all thread!

There is absolutely no point arguing the value of someone who played a four chord guitar song like Smells Like Teen Spirit, with somone who performed a program of:

Brahms - Violin Sonata in D Minor
Novacek - Perpetum Mobile
Kriesler - Preludium and Allegro
Veracini - Violin Sonata
Beethoven - 'Ghost' piano trio

(as in the case of Mike)

There is just no comparison between the required work and standard in Music 1 an Music 2 + ext.

I did music last year (accelerated) and in order to receive a good, band 6 mark, you need to be doing at least 2 hours practice a day in order to have a well polished performance program.

More work than a physics student.

Also there is no way you can do well in Music 2 unless you have been learning your instrument for many years before hand. A physics student doesn't have to do any study before they enter yr 11. They just start the course..do their 3 hours study a week! (compared to 14 hours a week from a music student) And the physics student will do very well.

In regards to scaling....it is generally Music 1 that is scaled down, due to the lower standard required. Music 2 is actually scaled very well as it is a difficult subject.

skankit

Montagnana said:
In regards to scaling....it is generally Music 1 that is scaled down, due to the lower standard required. Music 2 is actually scaled very well as it is a difficult subject.
thank you! people kept ignoring me when i said that! :mad:

raymond_87

well here i go

well i was reading the forum and to be hoenst i dont do music...ortyping so mind my mistakes. anyway what im about to say probably has been said but becoause there is so much to read i probabaly missed it. The UAI is strictly designed for university entry. this has to be understood. this is why some people get a hsc but no UAI because they dont intend on going to uni.....

anyways why does music scaled worse than maths.... well this is what i understnad...when they designed the new course "they"' desgined so every subject is of equal diffulcuty, off course it doesnt apply to ext2 maths and advnced math, but in whole a subject like physics is deisgned to be equally as diffiucult as say PE.... so here it is. BOS obcioulsy scales the subjects as marks cannot be compared acorrs the board....even though subject are designed to be off similaty difficultuy. anyways

remeber how i said the uai is desinged stricylt for uni entry??? well another reson they scale subjects is to differiante betwqeen canidiates that will better of in uni..so BOS belives that someone doing 4u will ocntribute more than music hence scales better.

generally musics canidiates will not"be as sucesful in uni as someone doing 4u. generally because academics subjects have a greater application in uni...

hope im right.... i ahrldy write in forums so im thinking if im worng or soemone disagrees...im going to get LOLED at.
sorry about spelling

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
mule_assasin said:
well i was reading the forum and to be hoenst i dont do music...ortyping so mind my mistakes. anyway what im about to say probably has been said but becoause there is so much to read i probabaly missed it. The UAI is strictly designed for university entry. this has to be understood. this is why some people get a hsc but no UAI because they dont intend on going to uni.....

anyways why does music scaled worse than maths.... well this is what i understnad...when they designed the new course "they"' desgined so every subject is of equal diffulcuty, off course it doesnt apply to ext2 maths and advnced math, but in whole a subject like physics is deisgned to be equally as diffiucult as say PE.... so here it is. BOS obcioulsy scales the subjects as marks cannot be compared acorrs the board....even though subject are designed to be off similaty difficultuy. anyways

remeber how i said the uai is desinged stricylt for uni entry??? well another reson they scale subjects is to differiante betwqeen canidiates that will better of in uni..so BOS belives that someone doing 4u will ocntribute more than music hence scales better.

generally musics canidiates will not"be as sucesful in uni as someone doing 4u. generally because academics subjects have a greater application in uni...

hope im right.... i ahrldy write in forums so im thinking if im worng or soemone disagrees...im going to get LOLED at.
sorry about spelling
not really, it depends on wat kind of subjects you do at uni. it's a little presumptuous saying we music students won't succeed at uni...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
the whole freakin HSC is bullshit - the HSC is about marks, not about education. When we get our results, were not gona know exactly which questions we got wrong - therefore we cant learn from our mistakes. Same goes for design and technology - theyre gona combine the major design project marks and the exam mark so well never know what we got for the design project and why we got that mark... fuck the HSC!! Im gona get the lowest fucken UAI cos i do mostly arty /design subjects and the fact that i do genral maths and im struggling in it makes it even worse...

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i've come to a conclusion: the hsc ruins the whole music experience :)
i liked doing music at school, but the exams kinda ruined it for me

arkers7

hey dont worry trumpet geek i do all arty subjects too, and i just figure... there's always the dole!!!!!!! hehehe

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
arkers7 said:
hey dont worry trumpet geek i do all arty subjects too, and i just figure... there's always the dole!!!!!!! hehehe
yeah woo hoo GO US!!!

skankit

yeah i do arty subjects too

but if you do well in them then you totally cane the hsc, i know someone who did drama and art and got 98.6

it can happen!

and if not, theres always tafe :uhhuh:

Circles

HSC
Arts are a way of life :) You live for them, By them.. They are everything... what can i say.. Music is life :)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
as far as im concerned, music is the most important subject that exists in this whole board of studies HSC syllabus whatever thing. Screw maths and physics and crap like that - cos music matters raaaaaaaaaaaaaaa o well i duno what im going on about but hey raaaaaaaaaaa

django_

HSC
bah i couldnt be bothered readin the whole thread..i just wanna say my school sucks...music, drama and visual arts are on the same line so we cant do those three subjects...and they only offer music 1, no music 2 or extension...my school is sooo fucking gay...dickheads...only interested in science n shit...wankers >=(

DONT GO THE BETHLEHEM!!!! its SHITT!!! n the principle is a toad!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)