Here's my rant, as promised... (1 Viewer)

GruvisMalt

Useless my arse. It's a discussion. Just coz most of us are too stuck-up to admit being wrong doesn't mean it's not worthwild.

amnesious

Apathetic said:
but dont you understand? It's so easy BECAUSE you like it so much!
That's the point here... if you like something, you work harder at it because it doesnt feel like working!
no thats not the point at all........
u thought the work u got in music was actually challenging and somewhat hard to complete???
i was first in my music class and what did i do every music lesson, sat around playin instruments
we did almost no theory, we would occasionally analyse a song or two but that was as far as written work went
or we would have to notate a composition with isnt a hard job at all
for my viva voce i did 2 pages of notes before it, that was it and i still flew through it

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
amnesious said:
you cant consider sitting in your room playing drums or guitar or whatever studying, because its for your own enjoyment, even though some people may enjoy studying.......playing an instrument is not study
YES it is actually.

What do you think the students that go to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music doing a B of Music (Peformance) do?

It is the PRINCIPLE STUDY of their course... Then they do thier minor studies on paper such as historical and cultural studies, music skills etc etc

I cant believe u people are putting music and physics in the same light at all
But what is hindering someone from learning their Physics early on? They could learn the syllabus back to front with all the time they have been in high school... they could go every week to Tutoring for $40 an hour and they could study every day and they would be set wouldnt they?

shaboooooya

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
omg theres been like 20 friggin posts whilest i took my sweet time replying...

i agree with the peeps saying that music is scaled shitty or some stupid shit with the way it is conducted........ there needs to be a more insightful syllabus or whatever....

i just cant stand people TELLING other people that music is easy becuase u can play an instrument well and taking it all for granted. lots of people have paid lots of money over the years and put lots of effort into their playing... so having some smart ass saying "people should be rewarded for hard work not talent" just pisses me off... and i know lots of people who feel the same so dont think im a minority.

dasvidanyia... suka!

GruvisMalt

=Mike B= said:
lots of people have paid lots of money over the years and put lots of effort into their playing...

Yes, i agree, LOTS people HAVE put a lot of work into their instrument to do well in the course, but not ALL. LOTS of other people have put NO "hard" work into their instrument, and STILL do well in the course. Me and amnesious know, we're in classes of music 1 guitarists and bassist and drummers what whatnot. A lot of these people are very talented, but haven't put much "hard" work into their instrument at all, or spent money on lessons, and I know that a lot of these people will still do very well in their music exams.

In, say physics, you'll find that ALL the kids who do well are the ones who have spent time studying their arse off and working hard. Whereas in music, you'll find that only SOME of the kids who do well are ones who have spent a lot of hard work on their instrument. Thats what I'm saying, talented people can fly through hsc music, but talented people cannot fly through hsc physics.

Touche Circles, im sick of repeating myself. I'm gonna try and resist posting any more if people just can't comprehend what I'm saying. I don't know where Mike B's coming from. There's not much point arguing the values of the Music 1 course with a Music 2 + extension student.

amnesious

=Mike B= said:
YES it is actually.

What do you think the students that go to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music doing a B of Music (Peformance) do?

It is the PRINCIPLE STUDY of their course... Then they do thier minor studies on paper such as historical and cultural studies, music skills etc etc
erm when u started playing ur instrument of choice were u in uni, oh wait ur doin ur hsc this year
so no, when u started playing ur instrument it wasnt study at all, you were doing it out of fun and im assuming u started playing at a young age
u cant start learning hard ass year 12 physics at around the age of 8 when alot of people would first pick up a guitar or whatever
thats what separates music and year 12 physics, music is something which can be learnt from a young age and you can actually get quite good at it from a young age
now unless your some heaps smart little fuck, you wouldnt be able to pick up year 12 physics too quickly at a young age
honestly stop trying to compare music to physics, its fucking hilarious that u consider them even remotely similar in terms of difficulty

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Apathetic said:
Thanks guys! Finally somebody makes a half decent point!
Mike, you summed it up perfectly! :)
thankyou :) finally you agree that women are natures punching bag

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
GruvisMalt said:
In the music course, there aren't specific dot points of information you need to learn to go well in your hsc..
ummm....actually there are

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A

Ok... look. i AGREE with you that physics and music are TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

The MAIN point i am focusing on is that some people actually DO hard work. i KNOW from other peoples posts that there are some people who do shit all work and get a good mark... BUT making a generalisation about the WHOLE MUSIC COURSE is just not true...

sure.... some people find music easy... i got no problem with that...

in my comparison with Physics and Music was not to compare them subject wise... but to show that there is reasonably hard effort in both...

I still firmly believe that practise is study.... thats just my opinion and so far only 2 pepole have spoken against it...

i think the main problem with this thread is that everyone is telling eachother what is right.... if any of my posts have appealed to someone as me "dictating" to them what I think is right, i apologise... but this "DISCUSSION" as it has been labelled, allows people to debate about their views... and no-one has the power to say what is right and wrong... and i dont think the sexism in this thread is necessary.

anyway im going off to english now

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
oh, and having done both music and physics, i think that music was a shiteload easier, and is justifiably scaled down

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i did both as well... bfore i dropped physics :)
i put more effort into music because people can tell if you're shit at it, where as, if you keep your marks to yourself, only a few will know how dumbass you (ie. I) really are (am).

razzarach

keep smiling :)
HSC
OKAY... HERE IS HOW IT GOES..
First of all - for all u sexist guys that have posted on here - seriously, do u not have anything better than do than pick on those with a different opinion to you?? Mmmm...?!
And yes, Music is a hard subject, but not as hard as others so hence I think that it shouldn't be touched on the scaling system... although my teacher marks really hard.
Also, Aural should be included - but seriously.... they shouldn't ask specific questions, we should just be asked GENERALLY about shit... neone agree?
Neways, its all over now - thank god..
Peace to u all...

zac_campbell

i agrere with you 'razzarch' not all of it but parts of it. the truth is that the different subjects are scalled due to what they ask the students to do. yes music is hard in its own right just as all the other subjects. they all work on different areas hence wy you chose what u want. but if u are good at the subject then it is highly likely that u like it. u do have to work hard for the marks even if u are tallented. my final point is
THIS IS A MUSIC FORUM!!!! lets not talk about scalling and crap like that and lets talk about this subject.

arkers7

Hey guys...
Ive just read the whole convo you've been having (procrastination) and i have to say.... i dont know why you're bothering now coz its all over and no amount of complaining is gonna change things now. sorry. but think about this... if you're so upset about having the aural skills component, then why did u do music in the first place?? you knew it was gonna be there... you could have just done music lessons and not bothered about doing it for an hsc subject if its that big a deal. all i know is that my music class has been my fav, coz we all just absolutly love music- mostly the performance side of things. but you know what, even though we hated aural and tried to get out of it every time, we did it coz thats what we had to do to be able to do the performance stuff. and it was worth it. and about the scaling thing... obviously everyone thinks that physics scales better... so i guess u all better start kicking yourselves coz u didnt do physics!! haha. if u really love music, then im sure u had fun doing the course... or maybe im just speaking for myself. and the course ended with a bang too... that chant song in the exam was bloody funny, our whole class pissed themselves and so did the supervisors!! so its been a fun year, and if music scales u down so much that u cant get into your course, dont worry coz where there's a will there's a way!!!

geeb

HSC
i completely agree with you in every way arkers7. I had the best time doing music for HSC, it was by far my funnest subject, i had the best class and we just had the best time every lesson. We are sad to see the end of music but our class will always catch up in the future, (yeah blues fest)

As for music scaling bad... i dont really care! i chose music cause i loved it so damn much and had a vague talent in it. Music took up a lot of time and hard work but it was worth it cause its a fun subject!

i do physics as well and i have no passion for it i which probly explains my bad marks there and my good marks for music

Last edited:

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A

geeb said:
i completely agree with you in every way arkers7. I had the best time doing music for HSC, it was by far my funnest subject, i had the best class and we just had the best time every lesson. We are sad to see the end of music but our class will always catch up in the future, (yeah blues fest)

As for music scaling bad... i dont really care i chose music cause i loved it so damn much and had a vague talent in it. Music took up a lot of time and hard work but it was worth it cause its a fun subject!

i do physics as well and i have no passion for it i which probly explains my bad marks there and my good marks for music

Word. :) :jedi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)