Here to help (1 Viewer)

tweety_bui

schizophrenic vision
HSC
Hi,

I'm Tweety, i've recently finished my HSC in Senior Science. I know how frustrating it can be to find help for senior science (there is so little information regarding senior science). I'm just offering my help to all those senior scientists out there. Just post your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them (no guarantees).

Cheers,
-Tweetie

p.s just in case your wondering about my credibility... *hopes i don't sound like i'm boasting* i happened to do very well in my hsc for senior science...i topped the state.

tweety_bui

schizophrenic vision
HSC
oh and pps. i'll try to get to the questions asap...but eh...lol...uni is about to start...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!

-tweetie

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Tweety!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - u went to my school :)

remember me? I'm in the grade below you. Jonathan's the name. I was the egyptian with the fro. Remember? Remember?

How's life treating ya?

tweety_bui

schizophrenic vision
HSC
Hey,

haha, small world. well if you need help with anything, you know what to do. :)

i dropped you an email btw.

Feel free to email me.

Goodluck with everything

-tweetie

wasssup

HSC
hey i hope this offer still stands? hehe i cant understand how no1 found this thread but can u please help me on this one. "explain why knowledge of the solubility of materials is important to the way medications are administered"

thanks in advance

wasssup

HSC
got another for u, §[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]identify and explain the use of common components of body soaps, cleansers and shampoos and the reason for their use[/FONT]

tweety_bui

schizophrenic vision
HSC
wasssup said:
hey i hope this offer still stands? hehe i cant understand how no1 found this thread but can u please help me on this one. "explain why knowledge of the solubility of materials is important to the way medications are administered"

thanks in advance

got another for u, identify and explain the use of common components of body soaps, cleansers and shampoos and the reason for their use
Hey there,

lol...the offer still stands. I'm a bit rusty on my senior science, so purely off the top of my head...

Solubility is a mesure of how much substance will dissolve in a liquid. Knowledge of solubility is important to the way medications are administered because in order for a drug to be effective, it must be absorbed by the body which means it needs to be soluble. For example, for a drug to have a systemic affect, it would need to be soluble in water (blood is majority water). However in order to reach the bloodstream, it should be able to pass membranes therefore should be lipid soluble. Some drugs (such as aspirin) are required to be soluble at certain pH's. Some people are more susceptible to aspirin damaging the lining of their stomach, therefore, [insert a brand name example that i can't remember] will dissolve at a basic pH (pH of the intestine). This means that it will pass the stomach without affecting the stomach lining. Fast acting drugs (such as aspro-clear...i think that's what its name was anyway) need to be absorbed quickly. Therefore are soluble in water (at a pH of 7...also the pH of the mouth).

Sorry...that was a bit all over the place...i hope you get the idea.

I can't answer the second question off the top of my head...i really can't remember. Sorry!

If i get the chance, i'll look back through my notes and give you a more proper answer. No guarantees.

Hope that helps. :)

Good luck
-Tweety

Horn-Dog

HSC
hey Tweety,

i'm doing my trial tomorow just wondering wat the main topic was in the tests that you did

Horn-Dog

HSC
hey Tweety,

i'm doing my trial tomorow just wondering wat the main topic was in the tests that you did

tweety_bui

schizophrenic vision
HSC
hmm...i really can't remember that far back...i know that it covered the core topics and half of pharmaceuticals (option). And i know it had to do with the joints and the biomedical things. Umm...radiowaves and stuff...maybe... It also had a fair bit to do with soaps and emulsions and that...i think. I really can't remember. I would advise that you practice by doing HSC past papers. And if you needed help with checking if you answered the questions correctly, then i'm happy to do so. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Luck
-Tweety

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)