Henry Tax Revue (1 Viewer)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
And yes Rudd's Stimulus package was fail... While I liked my $900 very much thankyou and I chose to actually spend it as it was meant to be spent... i know SO many people who put it towards debt reduction, in their savings etc... and yes it should have been spent on smarter things... like less shit roads and not on shitty auditoriums for school :)
yay we agree on something, yet you still support neoclassicism which contains Keynesian?

niloony

HSC
As someone who wants to work in the financial industry i support this 110%

MOAR SUPER NOM NOM NOM

And those minerals in WA will still be there when i have can to build a mine to dig them up :D

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I didn't say the WHOLE stimulus was a bad idea... just its implementation
but stimulus packages just prevent the the re allocation of capital and labour created from mal investment in the boom time. recessions happen and are meant to solve this issue so the cycle can start over again. all stimulus packages are doing is trying to hold up a collapsing building made out of a deck of cards that is going to collapse anyways. the sooner you let it collapse the sooner we can get back to building it up again

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
but stimulus packages just prevent the the re allocation of capital and labour created from mal investment in the boom time. recessions happen and are meant to solve this issue so the cycle can start over again. all stimulus packages are doing is trying to hold up a collapsing building made out of a deck of cards that is going to collapse anyways. the sooner you let it collapse the sooner we can get back to building it up again
yukky uneducated idiot, everything you just said is exactly wrong

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
ok why is it wrong
You assert that during a slump workers and capital are (painfully) transferred out of an overblown investment-goods sector back into production of consumption goods. But this immediately raises the question, why isn’t there similar unemployment during the boom, as capital and workers are transferred into investment goods production?

“but during the phase of rising investment, the economy is booming!” you shout, which is of course circular. Thus you weirdo Austrian types seem to be Keynesians during booms without knowing it; u realize that high demand produces a boom, but don’t realize that this contradicts ur own theory of slumps.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
You assert that during a slump workers and capital are (painfully) transferred out of an overblown investment-goods sector back into production of consumption goods. But this immediately raises the question, why isn’t there similar unemployment during the boom, as capital and workers are transferred into investment goods production?

“but during the phase of rising investment, the economy is booming!” you shout, which is of course circular. Thus you weirdo Austrian types seem to be Keynesians during booms without knowing it; u realize that high demand produces a boom, but don’t realize that this contradicts ur own theory of slumps.
what you say seems to be right. however us Austrians want to get rid of the business cycle. we don't people to mal invest for ten years than have the whole system collapse, weed out the mal investments then reboot it self. after you know 6th or so time it has happend its just not funny anymore?

wacth this vid should explain more XD
YouTube - "Fear the Boom and Bust" a Hayek vs. Keynes Rap Anthem
even if don't belive in my theory its an interesting vid XD

Debauchee

HSC
The boom gets started with an expansion of credit
The Fed sets rates low, are you starting to get it?

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
The boom gets started with an expansion of credit
The Fed sets rates low, are you starting to get it?

As I tried to explain, however, that’s assuming the conclusion. Why do periods when the economy is investing more correspond to booms, while periods when it’s investing less correspond to slumps? That’s easy to understand in Keynesian terms — but the whole Austrian claim is that they’re an alternative to Keynesianism.

What happens, instead is that Austrians slip Keynesianism in through the back door. Implicitly, they associate booms and slumps with rising or falling aggregate demand — utterly unaware that their own theory doesn’t actually make room for such a thing as aggregate demand to exist, or at least to affect overall employment. So Austrians are basically Keynesians in denial.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
let me rephrase...

I don't have a problem with a government doing what it's supposed to do...

Which is building and maintaining services/infrastructure etc etc

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Av. return on a mining investment is irrelevant... point is, its the most profitable industry in Australia at the moment. Remember these companies are only taxed at 40% for ROIs over 11% - you haven't really disproven my point.

Individuals can make huge losses (=personal debt)
Individuals become bankrupt; companies are liquidated.
Individuals in undertaking careers, training etc are less likely to take the kind of risks which are hurt by exorbitant progressive taxation because they have no way to spread their risk. Investors, companies and such are susceptible to this problem, however, because they can throw their eggs in a number of baskets with a reasonable assurance that the aggregate will be in the black. When you're taxing 'super profits' you're hurting their dividends from investment A when investment B may have tanked completely, meaning you may be taxing an existing investor loss into an even greater one in the interests of fairness. This is why capital gains tax has always been fixed while income tax has not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)