henry lawson related texts (1 Viewer)

lil_crazy_angel

crazy one
HSC
hey,
im doing henry lawson for module b-telling stories. But i have been told different things about choosing ur related texs.

one teacher told me dat i ave to choose a completely different texts to henry lawson, to show my wide knowledge of different texts, and at the same time, understanding what telling stories is all about.

another teacher told me to choose texts that are similar to henry lawson, such as "The Man From Snowy River" so u can compare them back to henry lawson, such as the similarities in themes, characters etc.

... so if anyone can help, what type of texts do i find, n should it be similar to henry lawson or not?

ur help would be appreciated

confused.

Last edited:

craz

HSC
Sorry about the long wait....;) with related texts. You should choose something that relates to Henry Lawson. Like not necessarily the story, but the same theme, techniques etc....thats what i was told to do....

Brown_Queen

HSC
lil_crazy_angel said:
helooo! plz somone help!
i do henry lawson too and ur suppose to make them similar, that's why its called relasted material, ur also suppose to find the similarities in the two texts to put in ur essay e.g. the Notebook and Joe Wilsons courtship are both about courtship, both are narratives and both experience the hardships of their relationships.

Hope that that helps,
goodluck in ur exam !!!! :)

HSC
The related text i chose for this module is Waltzing Matilda, by Banjo Patterson, i just related them to the harshness of the Austalian bush......!

blanks

I did 'The Castle". Dale is like Henry Lawson if you think about it......alot!

tammywammy88

HSC
well we were told you CAN NOT use a henry lawson text because they are our set texts and we need to find a related text, (which we were told is nothing we have studied so far this year). sorry, hope i helped a little. i understand teachers can be confusing, BELIEVE me!
:)

tammywammy88

HSC
man from snowy river is a PERFECT example for a related text. or if your focusing on 'joe wilson's courtship' a good related text would be romeo and juliet. good luck

craz

HSC
That's what i meant. It cannot be a Lawson text but another text (Related ;) ) with similar themes to the Drover's Wife, Joe Wilson's courtship and so forth.

Dr_Doom

HSC
lol you answered a really old thread, I think she has already done her HSC.

lil_crazy_angel did you end up getting a question based on henry lawson? Could you please tell me what it was..

Thanks

Lease89

HSC
wat henry lawson one did you chose for your prescribed text? and where did you get your info?

sandy1

HSC
WELL Im dlin henry lawson to ans i still need to fins 1 more related material and i cant find anyhtin does anyone know what i can dooo ITS URGENT!!!!!!!!! i need it to be something quick and simple which can be deconstructed easily. Thankyou >>> :bomb:

leahs

HSC
barbara baynton has some good short stories that relate to henry lawson.. chek her out aye

J.Stone 2008

HSC
What you need to remember the topic is NOT Henery Lawson, it IS telling stories, so anything that can tell a story can be used, and that is a link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)