helpppppppppp (1 Viewer)

Roors

HSC
Hi ppls
i need help....like desperatly! I'm not prepared for the HSC AT ALL like our teacher jus finished the course in the second last week, leaving us one week to do qantas.
My problem here is........well i have lots but the business studies related ones:
not good at long responnse...any tips?
how do u integrate the case study into it?
how do u study the case study...ive got the tim riley publications...but its soo long i cant study off that, and its hard to summarise...like i dont even understand the financial section

ANYONEEE ur help would be greatly (i mean greatly) appreciated

FLR-IT

business is not that hard, all u have to do is noe the basics and be able to crap alot of it out

i havent even started studying for it yet!!!

but one really good tip is, to summarise the textbook, i guarantee it will help. i did it for the trials, and some still in my head

AGB

HSC
guys guys guys..........*newsflash* : WE STILL HAVE OVER A MONTH!!!!!

maybe if people who are stressing stopped stressing and wasting time writing stressed out messages in this forum, and instead started studying, then maybe, just maybe, they may no longer be stressed out!!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AGB
guys guys guys..........*newsflash* : WE STILL HAVE OVER A MONTH!!!!!

maybe if people who are stressing stopped stressing and wasting time writing stressed out messages in this forum, and instead started studying, then maybe, just maybe, they may no longer be stressed out!!
maybe...

Roors

HSC
yes maybe but my point is i'm stressed out COZ I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STUDY CERTAIN THINGS (like the case studies which i mentioned)- IF I DID THEN I WOULDNT POST THIS MESSAGE ehem

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
go on the net and find stuff about big companies such as qantas. have a look at what theyve done relating to the course. eg, have they expanded internationally, what kind of marketing gimmicks have they used lately? get that list of stuff like that and then when writing an extended response you can say "businesses expand by blah blah. for example in 2001 qantas expanded by making flights to NY.". start reading the business section of the paper and see what businesses are doing these days. use some of the case studies on this site, there are plenty.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
not good at long responnse...any tips?

long responses for business is basically summarised notes in the simplest forms. the easist way to approach it is divide the question into parts, with the main key words as one part.

so eg:

who are the stakeholders in a global company and how has the global influences have changed mangement of marketing

so the bold words are the keywords ie: sections, so basically divide your report to this format:

1. executive summary
2. identify stakholders
3. identify global influences
4. link pt 3 with marketing
5. conclusion

how do u integrate the case study into it?
you need at least 2 case studies that u know well to integrate into it. basically the format that is easi to follow is this:

textbook knowledge this is used by case study (and it would be good to just include the reslt, eg: as a result, the business saw a decrease in outlay in 2002)

how do u study the case study...ive got the tim riley
publications...but its soo long i cant study off that, and its hard to summarise...like i dont even understand the financial section

do u have leading edge publications? i find it simpler than tim riley's stuff. they have quite a few good case studies, ring them up if u want to. with the case studies, summarise them with the syyllabus front of u. basically try to match up the available info with each dot pt of the syllabus. Since u dont have all the time in the world, do the last topic first, the global biz one, cuz usualli thatz the most important topic...the previous topics are all integrated in the last one.

best of luck! :)

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
and eaay is right with reading the biz section of papers.....just og down to ur lib...get a whole bunch of BRW and using the bk page (index page) and check up the biz names.....that will tell u whether BRW has mentioned ur biz in that particular issue of BRW....smh is also okies...

and what natstar said was also iportant....sumarise to its simplest form....u wont have time to remember all of the details..and most likely u wont even need half of the details in the textbook..especially that chapman one....*burns her chapman book*

Roors

HSC
this is great help guys seriously i'm like taking down notes...
but my teacher told me all we need is one case study...thats why i only know about one.
where do i get the leading edge stuff from? is it too late u think??? omg times running out and im lost

Roors

HSC
truly in bliss and natstar totally rule!! they help me out evrytimeeee thanks guyssssssssssss
and ezzy85 ur great too!
*wipes the tears away* u guys really help out...thanks hehe

Golani

Is it really not enough to do 1 case study (e.g. Qantas) really really thoroughly??

And, where can i get other case studies, which text books by which companies? how much would it cost me?

please answer, anyone.

TA

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Roors
but my teacher told me all we need is one case study...thats why i only know about one.
where do i get the leading edge stuff from?
to develop a good extended response..u need at least 1....from exerience...its relaly hard to fit one case study around all sorts of questions... pluz it is good to show that u know more than one..

which case study do u know?

for leading edge case studies...there are a few links at the bottom of this page dat says *eron* *aldi* *hih* *ansett* ...they are not workign for meeh though.

http://www.leadingedge.com.au/Texts&Resources/bs_upd.html

u can always contact them, and ask them for case studies..

Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney
Tel: (02) 8263 3800
Fax: (02) 8263 3838

usually if u look around on companies' websites, u will be able to find quite amount of information. and company reports always help.

this was posted a while bk. there are good biz report links in there:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12515

Originally posted by veg
shivers.... linda's gonna do HEAPS WELL IN BUSINESS!
hahhaha.....i wish. haha...my only fame in busienss is becomign a moderator. hahah

Originally posted by Golani
Is it really not enough to do 1 case study (e.g. Qantas) really really thoroughly??

And, where can i get other case studies, which text books by which companies? how much would it cost me?
TA
1 case study = not enough. u must remember, there are quite a few pplz who know qantas....mainly cuz i publically distributed it a while bk ahhaha...but i cant do that animore...

everyt extbook has its examples, i find syks and codsi one has the most amount of case studies, chapman is almost as good. they cost a fair bit though, i say ur looking around 50 bucks.

why dont u go to library and photocopy the relevant pages? or ask a friend to borrow it for a day and just photocopy it? although i guess if ur textbook is really shit, eg: heiniman one... then investing in a simple textbook eg: leading edge or that syks and codsi one wont hurt....

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Roors
truly in bliss and natstar totally rule!! they help me out evrytimeeee thanks guyssssssssssss
and ezzy85 ur great too!
*wipes the tears away* u guys really help out...thanks hehe
hahah....i dont know everything, but i try to help. yeah natstar ezzy, weisy, dash and the others are great..i find the b/s forum is a lot more helping and organised than a few others.... great work guys. :)

Last edited:

Golani

None of my friends have it, we've all been using Qantas and only Qantas.........
anyway i'll c what i'll do

ta for the helpful information

chris42

HSC
Yeah thats the problem.... I'm considering using the business I made up.. but then again.... :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
well in all honesty....no one will know? lyk my mum works for a multinational production company.....there are onli around 15 pplz in her sydney company......but there are over 40 branches world wide....but sitll no one has heard of it........we onli hear the big ones.....especialli if it is food related then they have to advertise...but with my mum's workplace..its a niche market...hence no advertising needed...and no one but speicalist know abt it..... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)