Helping a gay friend (2 Viewers)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
funny that how people can read the bible so differently. if you actually read the new testament casmira, you would see that jesus called on people to accept anyone from all walks of life. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged" is a pretty important passage from the bible too.
if you havent read the whole of the new testament i suggest you do it, because you might find the point when jesus accepts matthew, or jesus doesnt pass judgement on the adultress?
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

HSC
yeh but religious-wise is not my reason for not accepting or accepting homosexuality, seeing guys kiss makes my stomach turn and i dont find girls kissing that much of a turn on

you might notice that im way more tolerant than most "christians" here for that exact same reason jesus was; but at the same time you can see jesus's point is he accepts anyone providing they "leave your [their] life of sin"

i admire your strong connection to the bible and yeah i have chunks of the new testament, but have completely done the old testament i am continuing bible study on tuesdays

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Casmira said:
to an extent, but there's guidelines it sets such as lack of tolerance for homosexuality, its like saying having tolerance for murders we don't its same concept for homosexuality with bible

like i said in the other thread i totally dont like it, and am for all against it and would do anything to support someone to change but in the end i wouldnt force my opinion or will onto anyone i believe that everyone in this worlds entitled to their own spiritual and in this case sexual opinion

i believe you can change, with plenty of therapy of course and talking to an adult you trust like perhaps your parents? but i mean you wouldnt do that so me preaching is pointless and will only get me flamed. so do whatever you like :)
The bible also expressly forbids the wearing of a cloak woven of two different threads. Do you hold a prejudice against anyone who does that?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Casmira said:
to an extent, but there's guidelines it sets such as lack of tolerance for homosexuality, its like saying having tolerance for murders we don't its same concept for homosexuality with bible

like i said in the other thread i totally dont like it, and am for all against it and would do anything to support someone to change but in the end i wouldnt force my opinion or will onto anyone i believe that everyone in this worlds entitled to their own spiritual and in this case sexual opinion

i believe you can change, with plenty of therapy of course and talking to an adult you trust like perhaps your parents? but i mean you wouldnt do that so me preaching is pointless and will only get me flamed. so do whatever you like :)
Haha, you are a funny man

you know what, iam pretty accepting of homosexuality and i would also consider myself a bit religous, or atleast of holding flexible religous morals and beleifs and iam going to make a challenge for all you religous people who think queers are wrong in any way. I make this challenge to every strong religous person who argues that homosexuals are wrong, sinners,immoral and so on

1) find me a passage in the bible, or some sort of dialogue or discussion that clearly states homosexuality is a sin, is wrong, and people should be hassled for it and made to change

2) if the logic is pretty much infalliable, and cannot be argued against using theology or plain old common sense, then
c) i will give your comment some sort of merrit that maybe from a religous point of view, homosexuality is wrong

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The difference, Casmira, is that you are born homosexual. You aren't born a murderer.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Casmira's gay?! Dammit why do i always fall for the gay ones?! or is it that i turn them gay?

HSC
she meant that people are born with a gay mentality but not murderer mentality; thats debateable imo

do not worry shell im still straight, greekness all the way for you <3 ill put some weight on too if required

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The difference is that an act between two consenting homosexuals hurts noone, whereas murder obviously does.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Casmira said:
she meant that people are born with a gay mentality but not murderer mentality; thats debateable imo

do not worry shell im still straight, greekness all the way for you <3 ill put some weight on too if required
you have to be tall too

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm taller than you Shell, but unfortunately I don't do ugly. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:

While it is debateable as to the actual straw that does it, there are alot of genetic factors that contibute towards it.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6612.html
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6519.html
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3008.html
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2803.html

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Casmira said:

The vast majority of recognised psychologists (including the American Psychological Association, the Australian Psychological Association, the World health Organisation, even the Chinese Psychological Association, etc), do not see homosexuality as a disorder or neurosis. They also believe that the "ex-gay" movement (i.e, the Christian groups who advocate change from a homosexual to heteronormative lifestyle) can cause severe suffering and sexual repression. Alot of the Bible's injunctions are historically and culturally motivated - for example, Leviticus also says that it's acceptable for a man to sell his daughter into slavery (in my opinion, if one were to follow the Christian "intelligent design" principle to it's logical conclusion, then it is illogical to consider homosexuality as an aberration). Kinsey expresses sexuality as a continuum, ranging from rare cases of comple heterosexuality to rare cases of complete homosexuality. Most people, according to Kinsey, fall somewhere in between the two extremes. For more info from the American Psychological Association, have a read of this: http://www.apa.org/topics/sbehaviorsub1.html

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
MiuMiu said:
What happened to you when you came out Ollz San?
personally, I have a good "ending". but the journey before that wasn't so smooth.
My friends and family accept who I am and treat me no different to how they treated me before.
Nothing change, really. Except now they know I dig chicks.

However, I do know friends who aren't as lucky as me.
One of them get teased at school he had to move out. He also got bashed up once.
I know friends who were going to get kicked out and disowned they had to tell their parents it's just a phase.
Well, one of them isn't living at home anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)